• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question HP 365 Banding Problems

jazzprinter

Hi all, I am having trouble with my Latex 365 banding in certain spots. It seems to be the continuation of lines, and it is horizontal so it follows the movement of the printhead.
I have already run the force drop detection, a cleaning, another force drop detection (nothing was higher than 21, most below 10), and finally an auto printhead alignment. The sample I printed afterward looks largely the same. What should I attempt to try next?

I am using Flexi and Production Manager for the RIP if that helps.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG-3636.jpg
    IMG-3636.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 332
  • IMG-3640.jpg
    IMG-3640.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 183

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I would turn on the spit bars and see if you can find the colour that's making it. Or check which ones have the highest usage.
It is a printhead that's wore out.

jazzprinter

I would turn on the spit bars and see if you can find the colour that's making it. Or check which ones have the highest usage.
It is a printhead that's wore out.
I'm not familiar with spit bars, and I'm not quite sure where to see the usage on the printheads specifically. I'm still fairly new to all of this.

jazzprinter

I tried running it with bars and the banding still appeared on both sides and the middle of the print.

Attachments

• IMG-3644.jpg
    IMG-3644.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG-3649.jpg
    IMG-3649.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG-3650.jpg
    IMG-3650.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 159

dypinc

You have the right ink combination to have caught the dreaded ink starvation from only having one lc/lm printhead. Your printing too fast for the lc/lm inks to keep up. Increase the inter-pass delay until it disappears. Might also help to replace the lc/lm printhead if it has more that 2000 mil of ink through it.

jazzprinter

You have the right ink combination to have caught the dreaded ink starvation from only having one lc/lm printhead. Your printing too fast for the lc/lm inks to keep up. Increase the inter-pass delay until it disappears. Might also help to replace the lc/lm printhead if it has more that 2000 mil of ink through it.
I upped the passes and increased the inter-pass delay. It seemed to help a bit, but there was still a bit of a line left. I ended up just printing it on the Roland we have. Thanks for the help!