• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 5500 Designjet - Adjusting Vacuum Settings

Antonotron

Hey All,

New to the forum--been doing Large Format for a year after doing Prepress and Commercial Graphic Design for 10 years.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me to adjust vacuum settings on an HP 5500 Dye-based printer.

I work in a very low-humidity environment; one of my most commonly used stocks is the Kodak Poly Poster Plus Satin SA 6mil--which prints and mounts great--only problem is the paper curl is insane. I'm having to waste more paper by constantly advancing it past the platen before sending a job to prevent the printheads from slamming into the curled edge and quickly ruining the printheads. Ideally the easiest fix for this would be paper-edge guides like the ones that came on my Epson GS6000... I'm hoping that adjusting some heat settings in conjunction with adding more vacuum suction could help out my situation--if only a little.

Thanks in advance!