• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 560 - all Coated Textile media profiles printing out of alignment

JPR-5690

Several months ago I noticed that all of the "Coated Textiles" media profiles on our HP 560 print with the magenta out of alignment/registration with the other colors.

I initially called HP support in January and after about a week of back and forth and a ton of test prints/calibrations/base diagnostics their only solution was to build another profile using another generic category profile.

So far it's been a pain in the arse so I called HP Support last week to try and escalate it to get a better solution but they refuse to help because out warranty just expired. (Not to mention they keep trying to tell me that it's probably the printheads, which is bs considering how much work initially went into proving that wasn't the case).

I've even emailed Timothy Mitchell who thinks that the profiles on the HD are corrupted but HP Support won't tell do sht unless I pay them another 2k.

Has anyone else experienced this alignment/registration issue?

Attachments

• Mambo color registration photo.png
    Mambo color registration photo.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 168

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I have seen it only once before. It is some rare bug and we settled to simply not use the profile and use something else.
I could get it to go away by cloning the profile so it wasn't a huge deal. Im not sure why it doesn't work for you? Why do you even need the generic so much?

You could always try to play around with the firmware update / downgrade. It could fix it.

JPR-5690

I have seen it only once before. It is some rare bug and we settled to simply not use the profile and use something else.
I could get it to go away by cloning the profile so it wasn't a huge deal. Im not sure why it doesn't work for you? Why do you even need the generic so much?

You could always try to play around with the firmware update / downgrade. It could fix it.

I don't actually need the generic profile – I was just saying that any profile that was made based off the Backlit or Coated Textiles profiles (whether I make it, clone it, download it from PrintOS, etc.) prints with the magenta out of alignment.

Im currently using a profile I made based off the SAV-Vivid profile but I have to manually pull the fabric taught while the printer is loading/initializing or else I get major carriage jams that usually require printhead alignments.
(Apparently the printer uses the media settings in the base profile whenever its "handling" the media and not printing, so even though the vacuum is set to ~5 in my profile, the printer treats it as SAV and uses a much higher vac strength to load/advance/initialize)

dypinc

I suppose like the 360 the SAV media preset have the most default vacuum. It looks like ink bleed to me what happen when you increase the optimizer? Or decrease ink density?

JPR-5690

Can't you use the proper textile profile while loading and advancing, then 'change loaded substrate' to one that works? I'm not sure if it allows you to wholesale change categories of loaded materials like that though.

Thats actually what Im doing for the time being. I just have to be standing there as soon as the printer wakes up to start printing and pull the fabric taught until it actually ~starts~ printing.
Theres a second or two when the printer is initializing to print when the vacuum is at the default strength and the carriage does a little back-and-forth.
There have been several times that I've successfully printed on the fabric, left it loaded, and sent over another job only to have it jam during that little wake-up routine.

TL;DR – even though using a different profile sounds like a really simple workaround, it's actually incredibly inconvenient and time consuming