• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 570 Yellow Stops Printing

lknmedia

Hello!

Our 570 stops printing yellow ... or severely reduces yellow output after a few feet of printing. This happened soon after changing the large ink for both yellow and magenta. I can clearly see the banding and greys are purple/lavender.

Replaced both YM printheads even though all tests show fine. No change.
Replaced large ink with new yellow ..... no change.
Replaced optimizer ... no change.
Replaced intermediate yellow cartridge ... no change.

Not sure what to do next? Out of warranty and my tech hasn't been able to give me an answer yet.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
And if you turn on spit bars on the side of your job, can you clearly see yellow going out?

Can you please run a job and post a pic of the spit bar where yellow goes out.

Make the bars wide so it's clear to see.

cornholio

Sounds to me like air has gotten into the system.
You can compare the actual y/m printhead weight with a working one. (C/K for example)
If it's lighter, then its likely air in the system.

lknmedia

And if you turn on spit bars on the side of your job, can you clearly see yellow going out?

Can you please run a job and post a pic of the spit bar where yellow goes out.

Make the bars wide so it's clear to see.
Thanks for the responses ...
I printed solid Y and it started banding.
IMG_0877.jpeg

Here is an example print showing it banding then eventually dropping out even more. Bottom of this print is the correct color.
IMG_0878.jpeg

I am thinking air as well ... How can I purge the air? Haven't been able to find detailed instructions online.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Before purging air you must inspect the ink like to see if there is a reason why air would enter and go all the way to the printhead.

The thing is, you replaced heads first and everything else after that. Now if the heads already have air in the or whatever, I would replace them again.
You can warranty the heads from HP for free.

I wouldn't completely disregard some other problem like electrical issue in carriage PCA (component warms up and disconnects) etc. It's not impossible however unlikely.