• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hp 9000 does not power up

eye4clr

Did my maintenance today then sent a print and turned my back on the printer. When I came back a few minutes later to see why it wasn't printing the power was off completely.

I turned it all off and back on and checked that power is getting to the plug. No life at all.

Any suggestions?

Quix

Hello, eye4clr
Haven't you solve it yet?
I have the same problem with a HP 10000
I've been told it's the Power Supply Unit.
Any suggestions of how can it be tested?

In the Service Manual (troubleshooting section):
The Printer does not Power ON:
1 Check that the power cord is connected correctly to the Printer and to the
Power Socket.
2 Check that the Power Switch on the BACK of the Printer is in the ON
position.
3 Replace the Power Supply Unit ⇒ Page 8-43.

ionsigns

HP? When an expensive piece of technology like [solvent / eco-sol printer?] fails because of a POWER SUPPLY? C'mon. Who do ya love? Mimaki. Roland. Mutoh...which brand do you vote for the most reliable printer line / mfr.?

MachServTech

HP? When an expensive piece of technology like [solvent / eco-sol printer?] fails because of a POWER SUPPLY? C'mon. Who do ya love? Mimaki. Roland. Mutoh...which brand do you vote for the most reliable printer line / mfr.?

This unit is actually manufactured by Seiko, and the Power Control Board and Power Supply are susceptible to lightning just like Mutoh Mimaki and Roland.

This is not a part that usually fails on a Seiko.

eye4clr Wish I had one to sell you, all I have are cap parts and pumps. The upside is that they are fairly easy to install if you find one.

eye4clr

The good news for me is it was just the line conditioner/battery backup that filed along with the power cord its self.

Changed cords and plug straight into the wall (oh my!) and I'm back up.

Gotta love the easy ones when you get them.

MachServTech

Changed cords and plug straight into the wall (oh my!) and I'm back up.

"Oh My" is right! Looks like the UPS paid for itself....get that replaced right away, you could have brown out issues in your area. (but I think you probably are already on it :wink:)

eye4clr

we used to have a die cutter next door. The lights would visibly flicker at times the electricity was so dirty. It's gotten better, but never to be trusted.