• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP cutter control/ reading barcode and then freezing

CKCUSTOMKC

Hey all couple of questions, for some reason my hp cutter control won't let me connect to my cutter via ether net. It's saying connection refused. Why is this? (I have no networking experience and no in house IT support. So I'm flying blind on this).

Second question is, my cutter has been reading the barcode and then just freezing recently, is this because of the ethernet connection? Or does this have to do with the barcode server not being set up?

Any advice/help would be much appreciated

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I guess you are still using the shielded ethernet cable? Because sometimes people in the internet lie and don't actually do so....
Do you also have USB connected? Try with only one at a time.

When you open cutter control you can't have any other program open that would connect to the cutter. Should be able to connect after a reboot if your IP address is correctly set.

Last edited:

CKCUSTOMKC

I guess you are still using the shielded ethernet cable? Because sometimes people in the internet lie and don't actually do so....
Do you also have USB connected? Try with only one at a time.

When you open cutter control you can't have any other program open that would connect to the cutter. Should be able to connect after a reboot if your IP address is correctly set.
yes still using the shielded ethernet cable (the grounding wire fixed the static shock issue), I can connect on the USB fine with cutter control, even with the print manager and flexi open, the cutter control can still connect with the cutter through USB, just not ethernet, I checked the firewall and that's not the issue, I'm going to replace the ethernet cable and check with an IT friend of mine.

but are the all the issues connected? the connection being refused by cutter control, the barcode server not being able to be set up, and the cutter scanning and reading the barcode then freezing?