• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP faulty ink cartridge

We have had 2 back to back ink cartridges go faulty within a few hours of printing. My guess is we need to repalce the pip. I have one on hand, but am unsure how to get to the diagnostic menu and what to do on the printer side after the actualy hardware of the pip has been replaced.

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

TopFliteGraphics

Just had the same thing happen. According to HP customer support, it is most likely a bad switch in the sensor. They are getting me a quote on having it fixed since I am way out of warranty on mine. The CS rep did say that once a cartridge is marked defective by the printer, it will no longer work regardless of the actual status of the cartridge. I guess the machine logs the serial number of the cartridge as defective and won't allow it to be used even once the switch is repaired.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You usually have warranty on the ink cartridge so just ask them to ship new.
But don't keep inserting new ones until the PIP is fixed.

TopFliteGraphics

You usually have warranty on the ink cartridge so just ask them to ship new.
But don't keep inserting new ones until the PIP is fixed.
Still waiting to hear back from HP with a quote to fix the issue :( In the meantime, I am dead in the water and having to outsource my printing which I haven't done in 5 years now. Called Grimco and they haven't gotten back to me either. Going to get grumpy if I don't hear anything soon.

citysignshop

A 'little' rant;
I've had my HP365 for about 6 months, and am sooooooooo tired of their BS already....and nothing major has gone wrong!
I'm not a 5-year old....
if I just put in a perfectly good cartridge, and its super-brain 'senses' that it's old, or purple, or empty, there needs to be a 'I don't care' button! Thanks for the warning,..... now just f*ckn print what I told you to print!

They have this for horrible scary conditions like .......
' Alignment: not tracking within 1mm...do you want to proceed with wild abandon????? and suffer the near-fatal consequences?
[ OK ]
What's next from HP....an electric car, that drives itself?......( but just occasionally bursts into flames, or smashes into stationary objects?)
...yeah, can't wait! :(

javagod

Manager
It was my optimizer. I had two perfectly good cartridges that were marked bad by the machine. I bought a replacement chip from overseas. It worked but my machine keeps warning me of using non-HP ink! It also doesn't track the ink level but it works fine.

TopFliteGraphics

Got the quote from HP and about fell on the floor. I won't air my grievances in public because I love the printer and it has given me zero problems that past 5 years. Needless to say, I will NOT be using HP to fix it. Thankfully, someone I trust gave the number of a local HP tech. He's coming this week to fix it for less than 20% of what HP wanted me to pay. He said he has the part in stock and once he gets up here will have me up and running in less than an hour. For the price he is charging me, I won't even attempt the repair myself.

logotogogo

Question: I have a HP 360 latex printer... Its showing OP, Y , K cartridge is missing then I replace with new cartridges and its still saying "missing" why is this? It seems there are quite a few issues with cartridges recent;y....

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Question: I have a HP 360 latex printer... Its showing OP, Y , K cartridge is missing then I replace with new cartridges and its still saying "missing" why is this? It seems there are quite a few issues with cartridges recent;y....
Behind the cartridges, the part that holds the "PIPs", has a broken clip on the side and the rack won't stay where it should.
Take the cover off, easy to fix with a couple zip ties.