• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP FB750 white printing

jmasten

New here. I recently purchased an HP FB750 and was told it came with the white printing option. Unfortunately it didn't come with the White Ink Homogenizer / Shaker and the White Ink Option Key. Does anyone know if this key is the same as the ink chip you get when you purchase white ink? Or is it different? I can't seem to find it available for sale or find much information out about it.

Does anyone have a White Ink Homogenizer / Shaker they want to sell? It is the same for the FB500/700/550 and the 750. TIA

FrankW

The white ink option key looks similar, but is not the same as the ink chip. It needs to be set during upgrade one time into the slot of LC-ink, but then have to be removed.

Do not buy a „used“ one. If one printer is upgraded with one chip, this chip is bound to that printer and will not upgrade an other FB. They have to be stored for possible re-activation of the printer after a few possible repairs, so some people could have one in the drawer, but this keys are useless for you.

If your printer doesnt have the ink shaker installed, and no key is delivered, it is pretty shure that it dont have the white option.

FrankW

By the way: the printer is really outdated, not shure if the white ink upgrade is available new anymore. As far as I remember it have cost around 5000 to 6000 bucks.