• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP l25500 Maintenance kit 3

toshyte

Hello,

I have an 2 year old HP L25000 it has done 193,779.19 ft² and it now for the last 3 months is asking for Maintenance kit 3.

Can someone advice what each part of Maintenance kit 3 does.

For example I don't understand what is Check valve and Platen Label, which parts of printer is these and what each of them do?

Thanks in advance!

Reveal1

Yeah I know this thread but there is no answer what does each of the parts mentioned above do.

Doing this service now. I'm guessing the check valve is actually the duck bill valve at the end of the clear drain tube. HP supplies it with new plastic connectors for the tubes and a tie to secure it. The platen labels are replacements for the black strips on the platen behind the rollers, they provide a smooth surface for the liner to pass over. Would assume these might wear or fall off eventually although mine look new. HP's service manual actually pretty good, but for some reason a search in Adobe reader fails to ID these parts.

Suz

Doing this service now. I'm guessing the check valve is actually the duck bill valve at the end of the clear drain tube. HP supplies it with new plastic connectors for the tubes and a tie to secure it. The platen labels are replacements for the black strips on the platen behind the rollers, they provide a smooth surface for the liner to pass over. Would assume these might wear or fall off eventually although mine look new. HP's service manual actually pretty good, but for some reason a search in Adobe reader fails to ID these parts.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
r-feiner,

Are you doing the maintenance yourself? Just curious as I will be there myself someday with the same machine. If you are doing yourself, wishing you the best result!
Looks like kits #1 and #2 are pretty expensive. I found this information online at AdvantageSignSupply-tech.com:
Service Maintenance Kits:

Service maintenance kit 1
CH956-67024 – $2511.00
Includes the scan-axis motor, encoder strip and sensor, ink tubes assembly, trailing cable, belt and tension kit, carriage, line sensor, carriage PCA cover, and paper jam sensor
Service maintenance kit 2
CH955-67069 – $2876.00
Includes the aerosol filter, service station, color sensor, line sensor, paper jam sensor, and spitton assembly
Service maintenance kit 3
CH956-67044 – $219.00
Includes the aerosol fan, aerosol filter, and line sensor
Common Symptoms of SMK #3:

Being the most common SMK, there are some telltale signs that you may need this service. They center mostly around the Line sensor, which is what measures media width, presence of the Ink Funnel and Printhead Maintenance Kit, and alignment of the carriage to the Cleaning Kit. If you have issues with any of these procedures, or your heads are excessively dirty (or damaged) when you replace them, there may be an issue with the line sensor. You can clean it to get more life before the service, but the replacement and adjustments are well worth the costs.
If you have questions or concerns about any of these Service Kits, please contact Advantage Technical Support at 800-251-0929. We’re glad to assist.

L25500, L26500, L28500, Latex