• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 1500 parts submerged.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
For those out there....PSU's in the E Cabinet and ALL of the solenoids/ink lines connected to the ink boxes (opposite side) were submerged. Anyone have a line on those part #s and how to acquire them? I know there are a couple HP people here whom are very knowledgeable. Thinking the printers overall are not toast...just those particular assemblies.

Thanks in advance.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Just be so completely sure you don't have anything else that was effected. As you know otherwise you risk breaking your new parts as well.
All the connectors.. every board... anything that has electricity and has touched water can still hold water.
There is also stuff in the middle bottom beam, under the plastic shields. Check that also.
And triple check the computer side next to E-cabinet, behind the printer.

You don't need the solenoids any longer. Just remove them and put a straight connector (K4T88-67289) to their places. Remove the cables as well.
It's a rework.

1631248357390.png

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
You are the man! In the photo...#s 5,6 & 7 were wet. Computer box on the backside powers up...but get the "e box connection error" due to the PSUs being shot.
Not sure what you mean by I don't need the solenoids....arent they regulated by the computer to allow ink to flow, etc?

PM me please...thx.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
No, it's a rework to remove the solenoids. Printer doesn't use them any longer.
Just remove them and connect the tubes together. Nothing else needed to be done.