• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 300 series EOL?

oozeBot

Hello, we are looking into the purchase of a L335 and are concerned that it is getting late in its life cycle and may be retired in a few years (along with the inks and printheads a few years after that) . We are not a dedicated print shop, so it is very likely we will not run it into the ground over the next 5 years, so longevity is important to us.

Does anyone have any insight into where it is in the current life cycle? Thanks

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I have an HP315. I am almost done paying it off. It is a GREAT printer. I have had minimal problems with it. Most of the time the problems have been with either printheads that are at the end of their lives or the a jam. I am a print shop that has been in business for about 4 years now.
I originally purchased a used hpl255600. (I can't remember now). I knew it was obsolete and didn't realize that I would not be able to get ink for it beyond a certain point. I needed it worked on and called GSG and paid for someone to come out and work on it. Believe it or not, the service tech was the one who recommended I buy a new one through GSG. I did it on a lease to purchase program.
The best thing I did was discuss with the salesperson at gsg about what most of my printing was going to be. Since I am partnered with my boyfriend and he owns autowraps, I decided to purchase the hp latex. They were able to guide me with what I needed without breaking the bank.
I run my printer daily 2-3 times per day. It works well. The upkeep on the machine is consumables. I replace ink a lot and I replace printheads once every year and a half. Then there's a maintenance kit that gets replaced around the same time as the print heads. It will jam periodically but it is easy to fix. clean and oil the carriage every once in a while and it is good.

oozeBot

Thank you, Geneva. I appreciate your insight. I agree that it's a great printer, we are just concerned that it is nearing its EOL and the consumables won't be available in 5~6 years. I recognize that's hard to predict, but thought I'd throw the question out there to the group.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It's still being sold new and there's nothing to replace it yet. I don't think it's going to be EOL quite yet.

And remember even if they said tomorrow it's EOL now, they will still support it fully for 5 years.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I guess I hadn't heard that the 335 was going to be phased out. For the price of the printer itself, I figured out that it was worth buying something I knew wouldn't be at the EOL. The l 25560 was at the end when I bought it and i didn't realize what i was going to need to buy in the way of consumables. fwiw, your consumables will be a problem and you will probably have to go to the dark web (ha) for the 3rd party inks and printheads. that's what I had anticipated doing. but the newness of a machine and the small price for consumables is where i was going with it. in my situation, as soon as they sent out the l25560 (or whatever it was) out to pasture, it became increasingly difficult to find inks and printheads.

oozeBot

Please don't let me mislead you - I had no insight that any of the 300 series printers are being phased out. It is our concern that they *may* be phased out within a few years that prompted this post.