• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 300 vs. 500 Differences

WrapSolutions

Specifically the HP 570 verses the 365. Without asking a salesperson (which is plan Z), does anyone know the difference between these machines. Is the 500 series going to phase out the 300?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Have both here.

Biggest benefit of the 570 over 365 is ink cost due to 3l inks. Secondly is better quality prints at lower passes.

But the caveat is the 365 is easier to get prints started with less waste, and is slightly easier to run heat susceptible medias due to the open curing tunnel.

Both are great machines, HP on the other as of late leaves alot to be desired... just get a good dealer to have your back in case things go wrong.

MI Bearcat

I just purchased the 365 and was told if your mainly putting in a roll and printing the whole roll than the 570 would be better. If you run a lot of different stocks and are constantly changing the media than the 365 would be the machine to get.

Asuma01

One thing they wont tell you about the 500 series is that it wastes a lot more media on the front end every time you have have to change rolls. Also the 500 series printers get media jams all the time. Sooo many... sooo frustrating.

Christian @ 2CT Media

One thing they wont tell you about the 500 series is that it wastes a lot more media on the front end every time you have have to change rolls. Also the 500 series printers get media jams all the time. Sooo many... sooo frustrating.
All of that can be avoided.. We run 2 of them along with a 365 and all though it is a bit different you can get similar results to the 365 using it.

I must warn potential buyers not to buy the 570. I wish I had gotten another 360. The 570 is incapable of printing on HP photo realistic paper, alumigraphics, and quite a few other substrates the 360 does with ease. For some reason the 20pass beperf icc profile will not load, so I can't print that in max quality as is needed. Again, no problem on the 360. The OMAS failed about 8 months after purchase(brand new) and HP won't help other than charge us tons of money to fix their defective product. The 360 is over 7 years old and still going strong. The 570 wastes tons of media upon printing start sometimes, but not always. It will more often than not dump 3-5 feet of vinyl out before it starts printing. Just today I had the media on the take up reel with tension bar down(one wrap around the take up core) ready to print an entire roll. When I started the print the 570 retracted all the media back inside the printer, taking the media off the take up reel, then proceeded to dump out all that media that was now no longer on the take up reel out before printing. This caused a curing module strike and the carriage almost jammed on the media. I had to pull down to keep it from jamming, then cut the media while it was printing so I could properly attach it to the take up reel.
Carriage jams are so frequent it is absurd.
I have no idea how this awful, AWFUL printer got past quality control(LoL, as if HP has any these days).
Either I got a completely defective printer(which HP refuses to do anything about), or the 570 is just BAD. Regardless of which it is, I have to warn people not to buy this.
The spindle-less take up assembly is easier to load than the 360(literally the only thing I like), but it doesn't matter when the printer itself performs so abysmally. Not having to change ink as often does not matter to me. I have never had any issues replacing ink in the 360. It wasn't broke, but they fixed it while breaking just about every other aspect of the printer that was good.
Buy a 360/370 instead.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I would have told you the 365 was the way to go, but you didn't want to hear from a salesman. I would have also told you they were taking the 500 series off the market.

WrapSolutions

Taking off the market?!?! Why is this because I've formed first name based relationships with multiples of the 'over the phone HP technicians'? I must call in at least every other week, when they take this off the market how are those of us with 3+ of them going to be compensated? Maybe a lovely apology letter?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Taking off the market?!?! Why is this because I've formed first name based relationships with multiples of the 'over the phone HP technicians'? I must call in at least every other week, when they take this off the market how are those of us with 3+ of them going to be compensated? Maybe a lovely apology letter?
Dude, they are just not selling it any longer as it's being replaced by the 700/800. Nothing else changes, you still get the ink, consumables, parts, support etc.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Nothing lasts forever. Buy a machine, 3 years later there's a newer model.

Do you buy a car in 2021 then have a complain to the dealer that they're not selling the 2021 model in 2022?

Chrxs

Have both here.

Biggest benefit of the 570 over 365 is ink cost due to 3l inks. Secondly is better quality prints at lower passes.

But the caveat is the 365 is easier to get prints started with less waste, and is slightly easier to run heat susceptible medias due to the open curing tunnel.

Both are great machines, HP on the other as of late leaves alot to be desired... just get a good dealer to have your back in case things go wrong.

I have both printers, too and there is nothing to add here, I totally agree! Biggest point is to get a good dealer with good technicans so that you don't fall behind with an order.

Kind regards,
Chris