• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 310 liquid droplets on print

iladi

I have this problem: liquid droplets on media. There is some transparent liquid when the printer checks the media and even when it prints. Liquid is transparent, oily resembles much in feeling with non cured ink. Optimizer printhead is brand new, optimizer consume per sq meter is not increased, a technician analyzed the plotter report, no leaks. Initially they told me to change the optimizer printhead, but after a that they told me that it is possible to be some kind of condensation because of the heat. Yes I have a very small area and it is getting quite hot during the day.

Does anybody encounter this problem? Is it true it is some form of condensation? Is there a way to minimize this (no, I cannot instal AC).

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeah it's condesation most likely. Have you ever had SMK#3 done on it? Usually the back part below the window collects some of it, there's some foam inside.
I would remove it and clean it up. Then in the future leave the window open after printing so air can flow better. Might help or not.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You have to remove the rear cover of the heater or at least reach down behind it, under where the material goes and clean it.

iladi

In the end was an issue with the tubbing. Service man changed FI Towers Assy SK (now is obsolete from HP, I was lucky to find one) and all is OK. Alternatively you must change the whole tubing system, much much more expensive.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
The part is not obsolete, however there might be some delays in delivery times...

M0E29-67109 - FI Towers Assy SK

Last edited: