• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 315

Jeezy93

I'm having an issue when printing a larger job, about 54" tall. The ink is smudging when it is being cured, what could I do to resolve this?

Jeezy93

IMG_4653.jpg

There are two possibilities for ink smears:

1) media/ carriage contact
2) media/ curing unit roof contact

For the first, increase the vacuum setting to keep the media flat in the print zone.

For the second, increase the amount of front tension (engage the take-up if present, or use a strap to provide more front tension), or lower the cure temperature.

Based on the pic, this appears to be #2

We had a similar problem with double sided banner material. It was sticking to the platen on exit causing it to buckle up when it advanced, striking the heater unit. The sticking was evidently caused by condensation on the platen due to moisture release during curing. The problem was solved when we installed the platen covers that came with the machine. These are primarily used when printing fabric but a secondary use, according to HP is for materials that stick on exit. The material cured and exited without any buckling or problems. HP does say these should only be used with problem material, not all the time. Might help with your problem.