• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 360 Printer Colour Calibration Failed

Steven.Cao

Try to created a new material-Solvent Canvas, mode 16pass 90%ink 110degree, 40% optimizer.
I try to do colour calibration, but it failed many times when it scanned the yellow colour chart.

New optimizer printhead. Pass printheads alignment with self-adhere vinyl.
Same meterial, same setting for 570 without any problem. I even switch the colour sensor from 570 to 360. It doesn't help.

Any idea?
Something is wrong with the small thin Black colour blockes? it looks like bleed?
The printheads are nearly new.

Attachments

• IMG_20210524_232248_resized_20210525_120152093.jpg
    IMG_20210524_232248_resized_20210525_120152093.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,095
  • IMG_20210525_000040_resized_20210525_120124234.jpg
    IMG_20210525_000040_resized_20210525_120124234.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 493
  • IMG_20210525_000008_resized_20210525_120137994.jpg
    IMG_20210525_000008_resized_20210525_120137994.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 358
Last edited:

R08

Is the material certified or recommended to be used with latex ink.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Issue is definately those black bars bleeding. It doesn't read them correctly and errors out, this is my guess anyways.
Do the calibration on some vinyl that you mostly use and so if you ever need to do it again, do it on the vinyl again.

ICC you should be able to do on that because that follows the settings you give it. But colour calibration just comes with some default values that you can't change.

Another thing to consider is that the sufrace is not flat but has some texture. Textured surface is not supported for the calibration, some may work, other may not.
There is also some differences between L360 and L570 so it's not 1:1.

Steven.Cao

I replace the MK-C printheads, I can do colour calibration on vinyl which is used for printhead alignment. the small Black bars are not bleeding.
However, colour calibration on Canvas material still failed. the small Black bars are still bleeding.
Why does it happen? there is no bleeding on the bigger Black Colour bars.

Attachments

• IMG_20210525_105827_resized_20210525_121124843.jpg
    IMG_20210525_105827_resized_20210525_121124843.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 477

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Colour calibration just comes with some default values that you can't change.
There is nothing you can do about those black bars. They probably lack optimizer and you can't change that. That's why I recommend you to do the colour calibration on vinyl, not on the canvas.

Steven.Cao

There is nothing you can do about those black bars. They probably lack optimizer and you can't change that. That's why I recommend you to do the colour calibration on vinyl, not on the canvas.

The black and white is more warm tone, i need do the colour calibration for this canvas, most of my jobs is on canvas.
I put a new roll of canvas, the small black bars seem be ok now, not much bleeding.
put on take up reel, colour calibration still failed.

Attachments

• IMG_20210526_152014_resized_20210526_032048279.jpg
    IMG_20210526_152014_resized_20210526_032048279.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 358

dypinc

The black and white is more warm tone, i need do the colour calibration for this canvas, most of my jobs is on canvas.
I put a new roll of canvas, the small black bars seem be ok now, not much bleeding.

If you can't adjust your Media Preset so that you can run a calibration then you might have doing a linearization when you create a new profile. Then at least you can rely on a re-linearization to bring your colors back in place.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
But that is not the point of CLC. It's not meant for color correction, the ICC is for that. And that follows your settings so it might work better on the canvas.
CLC is just to set a base reference for the printhead performance. That's why you can do that on vinyl but if you ever want to do it again (return to the origin), you once again have to do it on the same vinyl, not on the canvas.
Anyways, it can still be those black bars are not perfect or the fact that it's textured material that is not supported (might work or not).

Steven.Cao

Can I install the vinyl, but select the substrate as ' canvas ', then do the colour calibration? after that, remove vinyl, reinstall the canvas, build a ICC profile for canvas?
But that is not the point of CLC. It's not meant for color correction, the ICC is for that. And that follows your settings so it might work better on the canvas.
CLC is just to set a base reference for the printhead performance. That's why you can do that on vinyl but if you ever want to do it again (return to the origin), you once again have to do it on the same vinyl, not on the canvas.
Anyways, it can still be those black bars are not perfect or the fact that it's textured material that is not supported (might work or not).
I want to build a ICC profile for the canvas, without the process of CLC, the ICC is not optional.

dypinc

I want to build a ICC profile for the canvas, without the process of CLC, the ICC is not optional.

With a spectro and your RIP you should be to Linearize and then create an ICC profile, without doing CLC on the printer. If your RIP supports the online Spectro you can try to use it.