• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 370 printing colors very strangely

I'm having wicked issues with this new to me printer. Some things it spits right out and the colors look great. Others come out a complete different color than it's supposed to be. I've calibrated each material that I have tried. Avery seems to be the favorite. When I print the calibration or tests the colors are GORGEOUS and vibrant. When I send my file from Flexi they are the wrong colors. An example would be a CMYK blue comes out kelly green. I used to have a roland and the colors that were on my screen are how the colors printed on the printer. Jpeg wrap files print fine. This only happens with vector. I've spent days trying everything I can think of and I'm out of ideas. Anyone have a solution?

Last edited:

FrankW

Could be a problem with the color management settings, specially because the problems appear with vectors only. Unfortunately, with no information about the RIP-Software you use, it is difficult to help.

Could be a problem with the color management settings, specially because the problems appear with vectors only. Unfortunately, with no information about the RIP-Software you use, it is difficult to help.
Oh my goodness. My brain is fried! I'm just printing directly from Flexi. The strangest thing was last night when I decided to export my Flexi file as an in illustrator file... open in illustrator and then save it as pdf. I imported the pdf and it printed exactly how it was supposed to.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
possibly not embedding an icc profile. and your RIP is assigning its own (which might be different to the file)

karst41

I'm having wicked issues with this new to me printer. Some things it spits right out and the colors look great. Others come out a complete different color than it's supposed to be. I've calibrated each material that I have tried. Avery seems to be the favorite. When I print the calibration or tests the colors are GORGEOUS and vibrant. When I send my file from Flexi they are the wrong colors. An example would be a CMYK blue comes out kelly green. I used to have a roland and the colors that were on my screen are how the colors printed on the printer. Jpeg wrap files print fine. This only happens with vector. I've spent days trying everything I can think of and I'm out of ideas. Anyone have a solution?

Go to the PM / Rendering Intent / SoDiff is great with the older Latex Printers.
At Flexi 11 Sub SoDiff is Gone. but in the non sub is still there.
Flexi 12 sub it is Gone.

Flexi 10 rendering SoDiff was great, A lot of cmyk values had to be dialed back
These days you have to manipulate profiles to get halfass close to a color.

Go to the PM / Rendering Intent / SoDiff is great with the older Latex Printers.
At Flexi 11 Sub SoDiff is Gone. but in the non sub is still there.
Flexi 12 sub it is Gone.

Flexi 10 rendering SoDiff was great, A lot of cmyk values had to be dialed back
These days you have to manipulate profiles to get halfass close to a color.
thank you!!