• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 570 length of downtime?

kiler40

Anyone can tell the length of downtime a Latex 570 can sustain powered off with ink in lines and print heads?

Back Story

Latex 570 purchased in Oct. 2020,
Got Error 19.12:10 on March 9, 2021 ( 1 Curing PCA stops working)

Maschine can't boot pass this point, hence no service routines being abled to perform with ink in the lines. It's Apr 9th, and we have been told by HP Support that the part is on backorder.

Our concern, is if any other issues will arise due to the lack of power, and operation for a lengthy time, similar to solvent machines?

Please Help Someone
We are located in Jamaica

ikarasu

You're good for months... or at least 1 month. Your heads may clog, but odds are they'll work just fine after a few cleanings.

I remember the HP Tech told me a school had it unplugged for 3 months, then it worked flawlessly after a few cleanings once they plugged it back in. The ink doesn't tend to dry until it gets heated, so its pretty safe compared to solvents

kiler40

You're good for months... or at least 1 month. Your heads may clog, but odds are they'll work just fine after a few cleanings.

I remember the HP Tech told me a school had it unplugged for 3 months, then it worked flawlessly after a few cleanings once they plugged it back in. The ink doesn't tend to dry until it gets heated, so its pretty safe compared to solvents

Thanks mush for that info!!

kiler40

I've left mine for a month collecting dust. How long did they tell you until the part could be delivered?
I'm assuming this is covered under some warranty, since the printer was less than 6 months old, so your at HP's mercy I guess. Depending on how much business you're missing out on, you may consider looking for the part yourself.
Last time I had to wait on a backordred part was for my dishwasher. The tech told me it was unavailable until a certain date (2 weeks away), then on that day it stated shipments will begin a month later. I just found the part on ebay and put it in myself, but I wasn't covered under a warranty so I had the freedom to do so, but after 2 weeks with no dishwasher, my wife was not pleasant to come home to, and I would have paid through the nose to get it fixed even if it was warranty work. Same situation, except angry wife = lost profit. How long is that sustainable?

hahaha happy wife happy life!!! Thankfully we found someone that got the part from HP Germany, so we are awaiting its arrival.

particleman

I bought a used 26500 several years ago and it had been sitting for 6 months unplugged. It had about 80% heads firing after first plug in. You can remove the trouble heads and clean with distilled water to break up the dried ink. I was able to get all the heads to come back.