• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 79:04 error when doing color calibration

jdejesus

Hi folks,

HP support is closed until after the holiday. I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I've tried to color calibrate my printer, twice over Flexi v12, and two attempts directly from the printer setting menus. The printer will print the test pattern and stop at the same place every time.

I have tried re downloading the firmware and it has not helped. I will post attachments in the next post.

jdejesus

I own the 110.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,385
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,402

Ragnabrok

Most solutions point to doing an EPROM reset, and failing that a reset to defaults. usually a hardware fault will give a specific failure to that component.

Updating the firmware from a USB stick or the web server could also help.

FrankW

Hi folks,

HP support is closed until after the holiday. I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I've tried to color calibrate my printer, twice over Flexi v12, and two attempts directly from the printer setting menus. The printer will print the test pattern and stop at the same place every time.

I have tried re downloading the firmware and it has not helped. I will post attachments in the next post.

79:04 is a generic firmware error. Common corrective actions are suggested: rebooting the printer (switching it off at the back, disconnect and reconnect cables), check firmware version and so on ... if it continues, a service engineer should check the harddisk.

jdejesus

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback. I tried them all and none of it worked. Called HP tech support and over the phone we were able to figure out it was a bad profile I was using. Started from scratch from the generic profile and I was up and running in no time. :rock-n-roll:

Mark Mooney

Creative Brand Strategist
I had a very similar issue on my HP Latex 360 with a different error also caused by a corrupted profile from the vinyl manufacturer. I downloaded and installed a profile for a new backlit material and it printed very oddly with a red color shift even after the first calibration. I ran calibration a second time, and when I tried to print got an error, "79:04 Restart the printer. If the problem persists, call support." Deleting the new profile and creating my own from scratch fixed both the color shift and the error.

It seems the substrate profiles provided by companies like HP, Lexjet and General Formulations are rife with problems, so I've started to just make my own that cause less to zero issues.