• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 800W

Im having problems with skipping on chrome and holographic vinyl now. Man everything was great until now :(
Not sure what you mean by 'skipping'. I have found that some metallic films can transport more reliably in both directions when attached to the Take-Up Reel. For example, Substance X1 Chrome film has a slippery backing liner and runs more reliably on the TUR.

artofacks1

Not sure what you mean by 'skipping'. I have found that some metallic films can transport more reliably in both directions when attached to the Take-Up Reel. For example, Substance X1 Chrome film has a slippery backing liner and runs more reliably on the TUR.
Right, I tried it on the take up reel. Same results

artofacks1

Attachments

• IMG_0507.jpeg
    IMG_0507.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57

artofacks1

Usual advice. OMAS off and manual advance calibration.
I turned Omas off and I did manual advance.

I had to move on to other projects but will trouble shoot during the weekend.
——
The new HP cop out from support.

The vinyl isn’t HP certified. I call b.s. on that. If the material is slipping the machine has problems.

They want to pick and choose who they help with this problem. Other 700/800 owners had their machine fixed cus of this.

By the way the same thing happens on reflective and holographic vinyls. The machine is promoted to make street reflective signs and they want to ignore the issue.

I should have switched to Epson when I had the chance smh ‍♂️