• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex VS Canon UV

Squared2002

So I will start by saying sorry for the post and the fact that it will no doubt cause some pretty conflicting responses. We currently have 1 HP R1000 Latex Hybrid Flatbed, 2 HP 570 Latex Roll to Roll Printers. We have a very specific product we are going to be producing shortly that will require a UV Printer and the ability to print using Multi-Layer as we will want some pretty defined Texture. We have been looking at the Canon Arizona 2380GTF UV Flatbed, which in my opinion seams like it will be a good choice? My past experience with UV has been a couple years now and from my memory it seamed a little expensive for the day to day. Ink was pricey, only available out of state from Nevada, and Print Heads were always above $5k. From the outside comparing it to the day to day using the HP Printers still seams pricey? I have been getting some pretty regular emails and phone calls from the Canon rep stating that even though on the outside the initial cost of the UV Ink is more per liter it takes much less ink to get the same end product versus the HP Latex? So much so that they state the cost is roughly 30% that of the Latex? For me right off the bat I am thinking if these are so much cheaper to run why doesn't everyone have one? My question is there someone on here that has both UV and Latex machines that might be able to shed some light as far as comparing day to day costing? On our Latex we mainly run 3M Vinyl, Ultraboard, Acrylic, MDF. The Canon would be used for Direct Printing onto Stainless Steel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

ProColorGraphics

I ended up going with the Epson V7000. The print quality is amazing!! I can't comment on speed as that has never been a concern being a 1 man shop. I hit print and go something else. It has white/varnish so you can do layering. Although Epson currently does not have the fancy software for making the texture, so you would have to do that yourself. I am currently working on a way I can do this too. It would at least be worth looking into. I have had mine since March and love it.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
On the side note, has anyone running Arizona really collected some data on how much does it really waste ink? Like how often do you empty the waste compared to using ink etc.
Is it true that 20-30% of all ink could go to waste during normal use?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
On the side note, has anyone running Arizona really collected some data on how much does it really waste ink? Like how often do you empty the waste compared to using ink etc.
Is it true that 20-30% of all ink could go to waste during normal use?

It all depends on the owner/operator.
You could purge & swab it once a day.
If your shop is dirty, and dirty stock. You could be doing it a few times a day.

1 purge doesn't waste that much ink.

There's no real world number.