• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP R2000 Heads losing nozzles

bosdub

I'm having an issue with the printheads losing nozzles. I am pretty sure there is an issue with the water delivery system although all of the diagnostics check out ok. I have done the purge water system routine, and when it purges there is a fair amount of water on the cleaning cloth, but when I click "dispense" there is almost nothing. The nozzle that shoots the water is relatively new, and we have had the change over to the new water tank and system.
Any thoughts?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Check condition of every blade, check if you still have old water pump with a filter, it can clog. Check how the nozzle plate looks like, maybe the issue is elsewhere.

bosdub

Blades all recently replaced and calibrated including the "orange" blade.
We had already by passed the water filter when it clogged, but since then a tech installed the "new" water tank system. I would assume that included a new pump?

Nozzle plate? I assume you mean the nozzle check print? It looks terrible in certain areas. Although the areas that look terrible change so that kinda ruled out any individual heads in my mind. Today magenta is terrible, Friday it was optimizer.

The first prints of the work day always seem to look ok and then it goes down hill after a few prints.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
No I mean like taking the printhead out and checking the actual nozzle plate and how it looks. It could tell if you have crusting and that would explain the water issues.

You can order only the tank, pump or both in a kit so can't really say what was replaced without actually knowing.

If nothing else, diagnosing that the drop detector is working as intended.

Even then quite a few other options to consider.

bosdub

I can do that but I have run the carriage over to the IDS side of the machine and the nozzles don't seem to be crusted. The other thing that keeps me from thinking PH problem is that the issue moves from one ink to another.

HP ordered us the water replacement kit as a warranty item so I am not real sure about the parts. There were a few boxes.

I will run the drop detection diagnostics and see if there are any issues there. My guess is that it is working.

bosdub

It would be great to have the service manual for this machine but I haven't had any luck finding one online.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I think this is something where running diagnostics won't necessarily get you anywhere but someone with knowledge might solve it quickly.

Service manual won't help you much on this sort of issue. And even with that without training you won't have full access to diagnostics.

Last edited:

cornholio

Could be a faulty web wipe. A customer of mine once installed a L1500 web wipe into a R1000... gave him similar problems.

ToTo

Professional Support
First of all when dispensing it must show a line of water covering the whole printhead width. If not there might be a kinked tube, pump or valve defective or the jet is dirty. With the new blue tubes the inline water filter has been removed.
Check also the leftmost spittoon. I’ve seen a huge buildup of ink there.
Can you send a picture of cleaning web during printing? Just to see what is wiped and what not. And verify physically the amount of ink in the Intermediate tank!