• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex 500/550/700 Cyan Overspray?

Isaac_K

Photos attached. Originally we thought the issue was static or head/nozzle related. We are having this same problem on 3 of our HP FB presses (500/550/700). The only consistent variable would be the ink we are using. Would appreciate any advice on how to fix or narrow down the possible issues. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_4185.HEIC.jpg
    IMG_4185.HEIC.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 513
  • IMG_4186.HEIC.jpg
    IMG_4186.HEIC.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 115

Turnergraphics

The default head height should be no more than .090. Once I switched ink brands my prime bar never looked so good....not perfect, but good. I'll pm my salesman's email.

ikarasu

This is a known issue with HP ink - it started about a year and a half ago, we were told they switched ink suppliers and the uakity control wasn't great. It started with magenta for us.... Then black a few months later.

We switched to nazdar ink, which is plug and play... And it fixed the issue, never had overspray again. We since got rid of our fb500 so I can't say if it's still a problem, but if it's happening on 3 printers id say it's an ink defect.

If you email your supplier odds are they know about it, and hp will overnight you need ink from a different batch. For us this worked until the new ink got to 30-50% and then it started to mist again.... We got 3-4 full new inks due to this, even though we used half the box! But the downtime and ruined panels wasn't worth it to us, so we went to nazdar.

Especially since the fb500 is at end of life, and hp will no longer make ink or parts in...2(?) Years now.

javagod

Manager
I call HP support directly. It's a know issue, they don't call it bad ink, they call it underperforming!! They need just a little info and will overnight a new ink. They will include a new filter if you press them.

Isaac_K

Thanks all. Although it is the only consistent variable, I never figured the ink to be the source of the problem. For what it's worth, we are using third party ink from INX. Anybody ever have any similar issues with INX?

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Thanks all. Although it is the only consistent variable, I never figured the ink to be the source of the problem. For what it's worth, we are using third party ink from INX. Anybody ever have any similar issues with INX?
Did you have this issue prior to changing from the OEM inks? Did this issue appear soon after switching to a 3rd party? I know there are a lot of 3rd party inks out there that are worthless, as they cause more issues then they save you money, there are a few out there that are decent, typically made with good quality ingredients and are typically a match to the OEM pigments, but they usually don't save you a lot of $.

Isaac_K

Did you have this issue prior to changing from the OEM inks? Did this issue appear soon after switching to a 3rd party? I know there are a lot of 3rd party inks out there that are worthless, as they cause more issues then they save you money, there are a few out there that are decent, typically made with good quality ingredients and are typically a match to the OEM pigments, but they usually don't save you a lot of $.
We have been using this ink for years and only recently started seeing issues. With all the supply chain issues lately, it would not surprise me if something has changed.

Last edited:

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
We have been using this ink for years and recently started seeing issues. Wiith all the supply chain issues lately, it would not surprise me something has changed.
That's one of the next things I was going to mention. Maybe check with the supplier and ask them if they've had to make adjustments to the formula and explain what's been going on, and hopefully they will be honest with you.

frank lane

I call HP support directly. It's a know issue, they don't call it bad ink, they call it underperforming!! They need just a little info and will overnight a new ink. They will include a new filter if you press them.
We had quality issues from the hp ink from the beginning. even hp tech agreed that we had such a history with a new machine and asked higher ups to address the damage to heads and vacuum system and they refused. HP would of course send replacement inks that may seem to work better for a small period or time or not at all.
We learned the hard way of HP covering up the issue with inks for the 550. They as mentioned knew of the issue with the 2 factory's that were making this and the balance was never right.

Until we had a 3rd party technician come and and with in 15 minutes of review ing that it was HP bad ink and stated if we replaced the ink with a proven 3rd party ink all issue s would go away. Which they did immediately.

HP and local ink supplier came in and offered to take the $5000.00 ink back and credit me as we exhausted the replacement ink with a year of bad quality.
I have since spoken with dozens of HP ink users that had the same problems and rectified it with a reliable 3rd party ink.

The have not refunded my monies although they did receive the bad ink.

There for I'm reaching out to add contacts to my list that have had similar issues and would like to hold HP responsible for hiding and covering up the issues from us HP owners and users.

Join the little guy taken on the giant. Contact me for more information

Turnergraphics

We had quality issues from the hp ink from the beginning. even hp tech agreed that we had such a history with a new machine and asked higher ups to address the damage to heads and vacuum system and they refused. HP would of course send replacement inks that may seem to work better for a small period or time or not at all.
We learned the hard way of HP covering up the issue with inks for the 550. They as mentioned knew of the issue with the 2 factory's that were making this and the balance was never right.

Until we had a 3rd party technician come and and with in 15 minutes of review ing that it was HP bad ink and stated if we replaced the ink with a proven 3rd party ink all issue s would go away. Which they did immediately.

HP and local ink supplier came in and offered to take the $5000.00 ink back and credit me as we exhausted the replacement ink with a year of bad quality.
I have since spoken with dozens of HP ink users that had the same problems and rectified it with a reliable 3rd party ink.

The have not refunded my monies although they did receive the bad ink.

There for I'm reaching out to add contacts to my list that have had similar issues and would like to hold HP responsible for hiding and covering up the issues from us HP owners and users.

Join the little guy taken on the giant. Contact me for more information
I'm in for legal procedures. I spent probably $20K or better on print heads , not knowing ink was my problem.
rt