• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex FB700

MikeSA

Hi All,

Just a question. We've had a problem with our HP FB700 and it turned out that the software component on the IO Board was fried.
We replaced the IO board and the machine still didn't boot.
We then purchased a new motherboard and HDD for the machine but I've been told that I cannot install new IO board, Motherboard and HDD all at once as the perimeters will be lost.

Can anyone please confirm if this is true or not? Where could I find more information on this?

Thank you in advance,

Mike

greysquirrel

This is true. You need to replace one at a time so you can pull parameters from the other. The service manual should have directions for removal and install

MikeSA

This is true. You need to replace one at a time so you can pull parameters from the other. The service manual should have directions for removal and install
Thank you for your response. The service manual doesn’t state anything about the parameters being pulled, etc.‍♂️
Do you perhaps know where I could read more on this?

All my research had done is help me learn that we now need a separate on/off controller for the new motherboard ‍♂️

MikeSA

When you replace one of the three and reboot the printer, the printer will see the new hardware and guide you
I replace the IO board and the machine booted to 38% but no further. We’ve looked after it for 12 years now so the motherboard replacement is more of an upgrade as well from the old green Intel to the blue Advansus.
This cancels out the possibility of using the old HDD because the Advansus doesn’t take a ribbon cable.
The question now is, was that 38% enough for the IO board to have copied the parameters…

greysquirrel

Then you will need a handy document from Hp that tells you how to configure the io board prior to install. Otherwise the board is useless. You need the matching document to board. Reach out to Randall at Hp scitex

MikeSA

Update: Technicians thought they had it figured, installed the components and the machine booted up until this message. HP feedback then said we need firmware v4.07

Attachments

• FB700 Firmware.jpeg
    FB700 Firmware.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 95