• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP (Summa) cutter making random erratic cuts - crisis mode here

jtiii

Beautiful day, great to be alive!
My cutter is about 5 years old, light use. It has just done this to two files in a row.
IMG_0386.jpg

On the 2 it just slid down a little and finished the cut but the S is rotated 90 and flipped! We had problems before with communication over the network but that was fixed long ago by a CAT8 patch cable and besides, the noisy signal just caused crashes, not coordinate errors.

Anyone dealt with anything like this before? I've got a whole little league's worth of numbers to cut and apply next week so I'm a LITTLE stressed about this o_O

I will obviously call HP support but I HATE them because a) they charge me $50 just to talk about my problem and b) last time they said it would be $2000 just to SEND a tech to come assess a problem. That time it turned out to be the internal power supply board; I replaced it myself for about $80. Oh, and I'm about 1 1/2 hours from both Detroit and Chicago—not like I'm on the moon or something!

karst41

Review your file turn off Preview (fills) Select ALL see is the paths for the erroneous cuts are there.
Look like a corrupt file. as dy says,, do check all connections.

Also the buffers can contain gremlins and goblins (bad or Corrupt Data).

This is pretty much a universal fix for any equipment that uses op amps for buffers.
Turn off plotter
UnPlug from wall outlet.
While Unplugged from wall outlet turn on power switch, or if a push button
push and hold button down for 10 seconds.

Release power button or flip switch to off
Plug plotter in to wall outlet
Power On.

Confgratulations. You just drained the OP Amps (buffers) and flushed those nasty little
goblins and gremlins away.

Last edited: