• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP/Summa Wide Format Cutter - Not Reading Barcode

GamecockGrafx

After re-upping my Flexi license, the cutter (HP Wide Format, but from what I've been told, it's just a Summa with HP labelling) refuses to read the black/yellow barcode on vinyl media. Paper is read correctly, then when I press the barcode button, the cutter head just moves very slowly to left until it reaches other end then shoots back to start and says Cannot Read OPOS. My workaround has been using the little square registration marks.

Any idea of where to look to fix the barcode read?

Thanks!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
yes and yes
And after you upgraded your firmware, are you sure the cutter is still set for the correct barcode?
There's two styles now.

1710928316039.png

GamecockGrafx

And after you upgraded your firmware, are you sure the cutter is still set for the correct barcode?
There's two styles now.

Thank you balstestrat - did not know that about the 2 types of barcodes, but I am using HP Flexi 19 - I did upgrade at one point to v22, but all previous settings, ICCs etc just went POOF! and was too backed up to figure it out, so just reverted back to what I knew/learned on - 19.