• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP5500ps Printer & Media Compatibility Question

toleson1

I am new to the T-Shirt Inkjet heat Transfers concept and would like to add this to our offered products/Services. I have a HP DesignJet 5500ps with Pigment UV Inks and want to know if this will work with JetPro SofStretch InkJet Transfer Paper. I have searched high and low to find out if this is compatible or info on this application with out much luck.

After reading somewhere on the web that UV inks will not work with printed heat transfers I almost gave up on the idea. I continued my search and found that the ink in my printer is actually pigmented ink that is UV stable & not actually UV ink and I am still not sure if this is compatible.

I then contacted Coastal Business Supplies to asked them and they said it should work but their customer service did not sound sure and before I drop the coin I need to be sure.

So the actual questions are will the Pigment UV inks in my HP5500ps work with the JetPro SofStretch InkJet Transfer Paper? Has anyone used this combo with success?? Does anyone have any suggestions for another compatible transfer paper?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

I am new to the forums here so I apologize if this has been discuss and I could not find the info or if I have posted this in the wrong area. Please advise and I will visit the link to the discussion or post this in another area.
:thankyou:

Troy

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I know you can do heat transfers with your machine and those inks but I have never heard of the Jet Pro stuff. There is a product by Sihl called T-Printz Light and T-Printz Dark that I sell if the other stuff doesnt work out for you

toleson1

BigFish,
I am open to any product that is confirmed to work with my printer. Does the T-Printz Light come on a roll and what sizes are available. Can you provide a link to your products?

Thanks A ton for the quick reply!
Troy

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
T-Printz Light comes in:
24"x50' $85.71
36"x50' $152.85
50"x50' $161.42

I dont have a link to my supplies but PM me your email and I will send you my guide if you want.

Mike_Koval

Most materials in roll form are designed for solvent printers. I would be interested to see if our materials work on your printer.

I would be happy to send along some material for you to try out and give us some feedback on your results.

BMurphy688

I too have a 5500ps with uv inks

Hi I would be interested in trying out the t-printz material or imprintables material for kicks. That would open a whole new door of opp for me to pay off the printer.

Addy:
Murph's
131 Roseland Ave
Caldwell NJ 07006

Thanks.

Brandon708

Thanks for bumping this. I didn't know that I could to heat transfers with the 5500. I wonder if this worked out for him.

Brandon708

I just saw the other thread about this. I guess the dark shirts don't work out to well. But the white shirts looked great.