• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP570 - Everything has Magenta Hue

rdm01

Hello,
We have a 370 and a 570. I understand we'll likely not get consistent color between the two across all medias, however everything that comes off the 570-every material, every print-seems to have a magenta hue to it. Everything is a little warmer, or a lot warmer, depending on your level of expectation. I've done color calibrations, changed heads, etc. But pretty much since memory, this thing just prints warm.

What are some steps to try and locate why, and take corrective action?

Have you ever created a new, custom print mode (with a new reference CLC and custom ICC)? This should be doable with the on-board i1 and internal color engine on any white opaque film.

Also, I see that you recently attempted to repair the internal i1 sensor by replacing it's shutter. It is possible that is related to this as well. Does the on-board i1 color sensor pass internal diagnostics?

Last edited:

rdm01

Have you ever created a new, custom print mode (with a new reference CLC and custom ICC)? This should be doable with the on-board i1 and internal color engine on any white opaque film.

Also, I see that you recently attempted to repair the internal i1 sensor by replacing it's shutter. It is possible that is related to this as well. Does the on-board i1 color sensor pass internal diagnostics?
The i1 is functioning fine, it's performance eliminated from trouble shooting by swapping it out with a fully functional unit for testing.

We have not created new print modes-an arduous task regardless of the onboard sensor due to the number of them, and the fact that they all print skewed. It seems the issue is almost hardware or workflow driven.

I guess selecting a single media and starting from scratch may not be a bad way to eliminate some variables though. Is there somewhere online that walks you through the steps?