• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP570 Ink Bleeding Out

rdm01

Our 570 has colors bleeding into each other. Saturation settings don't seem to have an effect--even at 50% color were bleeding but print was really losing saturation. What causes this?
1627949796046.png

rdm01

I was leaning toward something being off with the optimizer. I can never tell when those heads go bad. With forced drop detection, both were around 800-1000. Should I just go ahead and swap both for new?

rdm01

So now here's another question. I went ahead and replaced the highest "mileage" optimizer print head, but in doing so, notice the ones in the machine were significantly lighter. New: 65g. Old (both) 45g. Every other print head: 65g. (All measurements +/- 2g).

Are my optimizer printheads being starved? Bulk ink still has 30% left. Felt the actual box--it's heavy. There's stuff in there.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Hmmm difficult one. You could have air in the ink system, two actually bad printheads(unlikely), bad carriage PCA, issue with the printhead purging... lots of possibilities.
I would inspect the ink system, check the connections that they are all good and replace the intermediate tank to be sure. Or at least suck some ink out of it to make sure there is no air. Also check all the errors from logs, see if there is something interesting. When the old printheads are inserted they also show their own code to see if there is internally something wrong.

Last edited:

karst41

Try increasing your InterPass Delay
Typically a small increment will do the trick.
If you see improvement, make another increase (walk it in)

Hope this helps