• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HTV on YETI Hopper (bag cooler)?

Browner

Anyone tried using heat transfer vinyl on a YETI Hopper? I usually experiment with an 'extra' to get the setting right - but at $400 a pop, I'm a little reluctant for this product.

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
get a piece of similar fabric from a fabric store and try on that - they do make Xtra ver. of HTV for heat sensitive fabrics - leather , nylon , spandex - lower temp and 3 sec press time

Stacey K

I like making signs
No offense - I would pass on that. Unless it's a customer that has spent thousands and thousands with you - not worth a $400 mistake for a $40 job.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I suspect that smashing the lid or side of that soft cooler in a 300+ degree heat press will destroy its insulative ability.
I bought this wand that heats up to 450 degrees for odd jobs that I can't place in my heat press. It's a pain in the ass and I'm pretty sure I don't have finger prints on one hand. And it actually sucks to work with. It was $20 and not worth it. but the upside is that it wouldn't destroy the insulative ability. lol. totally not worth using the wand thing for this job!

Browner

Thanks for the feedback! I think we've come to a compromise with the customer, and we'll apply graphics to the straps, instead!