• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Huge Idiot Inside...Look! (Allen Datagraph)

zmatalucci

So today, I cut some sandblast resist for a small tombstone. Everything looked good until I was done blasting the stone.

On the last name, lets say it was "KINGFORD", the KI was about 3/16" of an inch lower than the rest of the letters. I also noticed this happened on another stencil that I cut, but did not sandblast. (thank god,, that one was way more $)

The font is modified roman (a monument font), and my plotter is an Allen Datagraph model 536. The plotter is both friction & sprocket fed, and I utilized both.

WTF? I'm stumped!

threeputt

Does everything appear to be kosher, ie: on a single baseline on the screen? Is there some sort of "ghost" object maybe real tiny also selected along with the text?

Just guessing.

signmeup

I did the exact same thing and still have no idea how it happened. I did it in HDU so I just patched it and re-blasted.

onesource

I have had that happen, a letter dropped an inside missing. Sometimes it's the font and sometimes the data gets jumbled.

astro8

I used to have this happen on an old roland where the cable attaches to the cutting head was loose, certain movements would let it slip and then it'd grab again and be fine, do it again the next day and the next...was driving me crazy. Had an ioline with a half loose grub screw on the drive would do the same thing. Don't know about the Datagraph with sprocket and friction engaged, do they drive off the same belt/drive gear mechanism?....sounds more like data/ file anomoly (anomaly...take your pick), but I'd check it out with a screwdriver.