• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Humidity % for Printing?

landdesigns

Whats the ideal % for humidity to be in a shop using a digital printer? I seem to be getting static on my Verscamm when using Oracal 3165ra?

Thanks Todd

Out There

Ya..did a little printing yesterday with the Humidity in my shop at 21%, didn't work out to well. My little humidifier could just not keep up.

10sacer

Your printer manual should have Ambient Temperature specifications in the back with all the other Technical Specs.

Most aqueous printers range between 50 - 75% as acceptable range.

Really makes a difference with small droplet UV-curable devices, though.

Small humidifier won't cut it. We have two large humidifiers cranking through 8 gallons of water day and we struggle to maintain 50% this time of year. in Summer, we turn them off as its usually well over 70% here.

anotherdog

just watch the water drip off your windows.
I had to crank ours lower because of the condensation on cold windows and external walls.
At 50% we were heading for black mold. 40% seems good for us.

10sacer

I just use two of the large ones you can buy from Lowe's or Home Depot. Made by EssickAir.

Want to upgrade to a driect line whole room humidifier from: http://www.airandwatersystems.com/

They do alot of the regional offset commercial print companies around here, but they have a smaller unit that would work well for what size shop most of us have. Its called the MiniMister.

They are usually at the shows.

MatthewTimothy

I just use two of the large ones you can buy from Lowe's or Home Depot. Made by EssickAir.

Want to upgrade to a driect line whole room humidifier from: http://www.airandwatersystems.com/

They do alot of the regional offset commercial print companies around here, but they have a smaller unit that would work well for what size shop most of us have. Its called the MiniMister.

They are usually at the shows.

do you mind telling us the cost for the miniMister??

10sacer

Last season's show special was $1,000. I know it seems high, but you hae to think in terms of how much you are saving in materials, ink and wasted time by having the correct environment to print in.

Would need a small direct water connection for continual source and depending upon where you live and what you municipal water supply has in it - you may want a water conditioner or filter somewhere in the mix.