• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I have a gerber FX printer not accepting the cartridges for the foils

Melanie Barothy

Hi I have a Gerber Fx Printer for years now and for the past 2 weeks it is not accepting the Cartridge for the foils. it makes a reeling noise and then the error check cartridge appears. I have changed cartridges and even shifted the cartridge in printer, but it takes an hour to accept the cartridge if at all. Has anyone had similar issues and could you let me know what the solution was? Could it be a sensor or something I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Adam.Foster

Hi I have a Gerber Fx Printer for years now and for the past 2 weeks it is not accepting the Cartridge for the foils. it makes a reeling noise and then the error check cartridge appears. I have changed cartridges and even shifted the cartridge in printer, but it takes an hour to accept the cartridge if at all. Has anyone had similar issues and could you let me know what the solution was? Could it be a sensor or something I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Try using a different caddy. Typically the check cassette error is due to a worn caddy. Jeffs post has the link for other items to check and is a great place to start.