• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I have a question about an HP Latex 310

Tomi G

Premium Subscriber
So I have an opportunity to get an HP 310 but the seller says he had a HP tech come out and wants to charge him $4500 to replace the heads and ink lines, so my question is I am sure a good deal of this cost is labor, can anyone let me know if this is a extremely hard process to do and if the heads are clogged does it mean the lines would be also, is there a way to run solution through the lines to see if they are clogged, he said the tech did not look at the lines, he said the tech told him if the heads are clogged most likely the lines are also.
Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Is this a good printer?

Thanks
Tomi

balstestrat

Problem Solver
No those lines basically never get clogged. If it has been sitting for some time (a year for example) you can insert new cartridges, go into the diagnostic and pull fresh ink through the lines.
Then pop in new printheads and off you go. Like new.

But if there was some other reason why he wanted to replace the lines... And there really isn't unless there has been some rubbing and a risk of a leak.
I doubt they have ran it for 500 000ft² which is around the expected life for the tubes.

So I have an opportunity to get an HP 310 but the seller says he had a HP tech come out and wants to charge him $4500 to replace the heads and ink lines, so my question is I am sure a good deal of this cost is labor, can anyone let me know if this is a extremely hard process to do and if the heads are clogged does it mean the lines would be also, is there a way to run solution through the lines to see if they are clogged, he said the tech did not look at the lines, he said the tech told him if the heads are clogged most likely the lines are also.
Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Is this a good printer?

Thanks
Tomi
Unless the lines are leaking ink all over the place, then I see no reason to replace the lines. (and usually if there is a leak on the never series 3 printers 3xx & 5xx is almost always the rubber seals on the bottom of the ink towers in the carrige)
I have never experienced a line plugged solid with latex ink.

Tomi G

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Morten for your reply, I think I am going to look at the printer today, is there anything I need to look for or do to find out more info. Also would you recommend this printer for someone that is just getting started? I have been a designer for over 40 years and have been using what I needed for a small scale business, I mostly want this for stickers, decals, labels and printable T-Shirt vinyl. Now if it grows into something bigger I am more blessed.
Thanks for the time again
Tomi

Tomi G

Premium Subscriber
I am going to see the machine on Monday. He said he had a HP Tech come out and told him it would cost $4,500 tp replace the heads and all the lines because he felt they would be clogged. Sounds like a way to make a good deal of money on stuff not needed and to add to the service call charges.
Just read through the text back and forth, he said the Tech never removed anything and said he felt the lines needed to be replaced because of the dried ink, not sure where he saw the dry ink.
I am sure you would know this question, how many heads does this have? and how hard is it to recover them? I am sure that would depend on how long it has been sitting. I feel the price is good for what he is wanting and looking at what they sell for.

Tomi G

Premium Subscriber
The guy is on vacation and I will go and look at it on Monday. He said it starts up and seams to be good, other then the printheads. He also said he purchased the printshop from someone and the HP has been sitting there and did not use it, has no room for it and is not doing large format printing.