• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need some help working with a Chinese printer.

Hello everyone! I am a new member here and i recently purchased this printer used with no software.

http://tecsign.en.alibaba.com/produ...solvent_printer_Brightcolor_TJET_TJ_1801.html

I was wondering if anyone had the drivers for this printer. I noticed some of you have dealt with Chinese printers before so i thought id ask. I can't find the drivers anywhere!

If anyone could help me....I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
Stan

I would start with this guy. He is the one selling the machines he should have your answer. Wether or not you speak his language is another thing.
http://tecsign.en.alibaba.com/contactinfo.html

Or this company looks like the Chinese counterpart
http://www.signequ.com/
Probably a really legit printer as they refer to them as advertising machines.

stanakanats

I have been emailing "Rock" for three days now and it takes about 1 to 3 hours most of the time for a response from him. I have asked him for the driver and he said his engineer would send me a copy... but i have got nothing but sales info on other items. I wrote him again today and now he does not respond.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
They are far away. Ya need to allow time for the distance.

I don't understand the part where it's an aqueous printer or sublimation, then further down it says ecolsolve ink ??

John Thomson

I have one of these and it is an excellent printer.

The two companies above are actually the same company....just different website.

What rip are you using? The supplied Maintop or did you upgrade to the far superior Photoprint ( Flexisign).
The Epson control software supplied on disc with your printer will have the drivers for the control software on it.

Remember there is a time change when emailing for tech support......Rock is the owner of the company and a very helpful, and very busy man.

John

stanakanats

1- It's a T-JET 1.9m Eco solvent printer. Do you think the Control software for the Titan-Jet 1.9m is the same?

Here is the download link:
http://www.titanjet.com.cn/html/down_en/index.html

2- If it is the same control software as the T-Jet,then all i need is Maintop 5.3 RIP correct?

3-I have installed the"TitanJet Epson Print control software" and the software said the driver installed correctly. It does show under "Device Manager" as "TaoTech printer" under "Universal Serial Bus controllers". However it does not show under "Devices and Printers" instead it shows under "Unspecified" (As shown in the pictures) Is this normal?
attachment.php
attachment.php

4-If i buy Maintop 5.3 from any retailer will it automatically come with the driver for this printer?

5- Can someone send me a RIP (.prn .prt) file. If i have a RIP file to send to the control software, i will at least be able to verify if the TitanJet control software will run this printer.

Sorry for the late reply guys! Your help is much appreciated!

Attachments

• Dwm 2015-04-20 19-44-00-89.jpg
    Dwm 2015-04-20 19-44-00-89.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 973
  • Dwm 2015-04-20 19-59-03-83.jpg
    Dwm 2015-04-20 19-59-03-83.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 913

player

I don't know about Tjets but I do have some experience with printers. I have never installed a large printer like a regular windows device. If you do install a driver like that, it only lets it work like a desktop printer and you cannot really do large format stuff. Some printers have desktop drivers for their printers, but that is not what you need. Rips on the other hand install the printer from within the rip software, and they only are seen from that program. There is no trace of them in windows printers or devices etc...

You need a rip to install your printer. Did you not get a rip with the printer? If I were you, I would try to get the Flexisign rip that I have seen available for the TJets. Unless you know of another quality rip program that will drive your printer...

stanakanats

Thanks! That answered allot of my questions. But i'm still wondering if Maintop 5.3 or Flexisign rip comes standard with my driver?

stanakanats

I'm still new to the forum...So i cannot send Personal messages yet. I have about 6 more post's to go before i can do such horrible things here!:wink:

stanakanats

I actually got my printer in on a trade i made via craigslist here in the USA....So no money was spent. (The printer is used.)

As for dealing with China...Well I originally did not want to post anything on here about my experience dealing with China so far. But since you asked:

I have tried to order parts from both of the websites i have posted, but no luck! :banghead: As soon as i ask the Chinese suppliers questions, or try to order parts, they ask where i got the printer from... I tell them i received it used...Then they don't respond anymore...It's been days..And several messages....I'm being completely ignored!

At this point i'm pretty sure they don't want to hand out parts to "second" owners. But the printer parts are not really a problem for me as i can source parts form other suppliers....Most of the parts in this printer are readily available.

As for the printer...Well....so far it looks well built....almost over built! I'd say 95% of the printer is made of metal and is very sturdy. I have nothing bad to say about it so far.....but i have yet to see the print quality in person.

player

Are the Tjets all the same or are they built by a bunch of different people almost the same?

YouTube vids show them to print pretty much as any DX5 / DX7 printer head prints...
The problem is parts and service as you are experiencing. It is almost worth it if I was to get
one to by 2, and have the second for parts...

stanakanats

I just noticed you have 2,321 Post's..WOW! After all them post's you must have callus built up on those fingers? :Big Laugh

stanakanats

I have only been looking at the T-Jet 1901 http://jimizhu.en.hisupplier.com/product-1015857-eco-solvent-printing-machine.html

and the Titan Jet 1.9m http://www.titanjet.com.cn/html/english/index.html

In almost all the pictures/manuals/videos/specs i have seen of the 1901 T-Jet Model VS the Titan-Jet 1.9M Classic Inkjet Printer they look exactly the same.....Just a different name is the only difference i have noticed so far for those Models...Oh and I have seen these printers in different colors as well. Some use DX5's some DX7's....Mine is a DX5 Single head.