• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ICC Profile for Epson s80600L & Flexi 21

StickerGuy83

I just had an s80600L installed and I am using Flexi 21. They loaded a bunch of CMYK only profiles into the Epson Edge Dashboard (not sure why CMYK only),
because I am running CMYK LC LM LK R OR + White. When I reached out to them, I got nothing but crickets. The tech had some time and decided to break out his spectro
and build me a custom ICC profile. He built a profile for me, and when we ran the test print the skin tones were very red/orange. Color management/ICC profiling
was not part of the install, so I couldn't be mad, but I was disappointed. He then had to go.

I've searched Sai as well as a few of my vendors who offer ICC profiles, and I could only find one ICC profile for the s80600, but it was for Onyx. Another dead end.
I know nothing about profiling, but is there some way to make adjustments so the colors are not so orange/red? Is there somewhere I can find some ICC profiles
for the s80600L?

yannb

The CMYK values calculated by the rip then go to the Epson Precision halftoning driver, which converts them to all necessary ink channels.
You can check ink consumption per color with the Epson LFP Accounting Tool.

StickerGuy83

The CMYK values calculated by the rip then go to the Epson Precision halftoning driver, which converts them to all necessary ink channels.
You can check ink consumption per color with the Epson LFP Accounting Tool.
Color Management Tab in Production Manager is as follows...

Under color mode in Flexi, it shows

Print Mode:
Color
Color + White
Color + White 2 Layers
Color + Metallic
Color + Metallic 2 Layers

Color Mode:
CMYK (8bit)

Can you explain how the Epson driver intercepts the data from Flexi and converts it to 9 colors?

yannb

Color Management Tab in Production Manager is as follows...

Under color mode in Flexi, it shows

Print Mode:
Color
Color + White
Color + White 2 Layers
Color + Metallic
Color + Metallic 2 Layers

Color Mode:
CMYK (8bit)

Can you explain how the Epson driver intercepts the data from Flexi and converts it to 9 colors?
The rip will convert to the CMYK ICC of the print mode, and then sends this data to the Epson Half Tone Module driver. This will convert 8 bit CMYK to 9 color and calculate dot sizes. The rip has no influence on this.

R D

The rip will convert to the CMYK ICC of the print mode, and then sends this data to the Epson Half Tone Module driver. This will convert 8 bit CMYK to 9 color and calculate dot sizes. The rip has no influence on this.
Hi yannb - just to confirm. Are there any special settings that need to be activated in Flexi to make sure it converts to 9 colors? For example, do I need to somehow activate this "half tone module" for the full suite of colors to print? I want to make sure that if I have it on CMYK, it won't only use those four channels.

InkHead

Just got the S80600L about a month ago. We are ready to create profiles for our media. We have an i1 Pro2 device and we use Flexi 22. When we create the profile, should we only select CMYK (8bit) instead of CMYKLcLmLkRor (8bit) for the Color Mode and let the the Epson Driver do its thing?

Since its a long tedious process, I want to make sure we do it right the first time.

Mata

Just got the S80600L about a month ago. We are ready to create profiles for our media. We have an i1 Pro2 device and we use Flexi 22. When we create the profile, should we only select CMYK (8bit) instead of CMYKLcLmLkRor (8bit) for the Color Mode and let the the Epson Driver do its thing?

Since its a long tedious process, I want to make sure we do it right the first time.
How are you getting on with your custom profile?

swordguy3222

I made my own profiles using ColorGate, rip should convert it over to the 9 colors after profile creation, thats what I see with ours. Never used Flexi so don't know how that one works for profiling but they should all be somewhat the same.

Mata

I made my own profiles using ColorGate, rip should convert it over to the 9 colors after profile creation, thats what I see with ours. Never used Flexi so don't know how that one works for profiling but they should all be somewhat the same.
How is Colorgate compared to Flexi / Onyx etc? I've not heard of that one. I need print and cut. I'm not keen on Onyx but the print seems to be better, Flexi is ok but lacks the print quality of Onyx (using my custom profiles anyway)

Last edited: