• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help IJ63 Removable Translucent Vinyl

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We are going to be needing about 3 rolls, and none of our suppliers have in stock - or it's 5 months out. Time is of the essence. Can anyone recommend a source, or a viable alternative? This is for window graphics for a Broadway show. We will need laminate too.

FlorenceC

Coffee first. Your problems later.
I don't know if they will ship south of the border, but ND Graphics has some nationally stocked (in Canada), as far as I can tell.

Boudica

open to other brands. We would like translucent, but it needs to be removable. They fill a giant window bank for a performing arts center, and with the translucent, it looks awesome from the inside as well. We may have to go with opaque and a clear adhesive. My boss is still looking at options, but we need to move on this soon.

Scotchbrite

No comment
You might be fine using an "opaque" material. We had a print on IJ180 applied to a rear side window of a car and the sunlight would shine thru it like it was translucent. The window even had a dark tint too. Every time I saw it, I was surprised how well the light shone thru it.

Actually looking at our front glass door we have our logo done with opaque Gerber 220 vinyl and the light is shining thru showing the same color inside and out.

Boudica

Thanks JBurton! I passed this along to my boss, and we are going to try it. Bonus, our local supplier stocks it. the low tac and clear adhesive is just the ticket - and with the clear adhesive it won't be truly opaque. It's as good as it's gonna get anyway.

Boudica

Arlon has some a similar white, never used it, just fits the bill.
arlon.com/na_en/products/dpf-50wd-white
Alternately what about a white window cling? Translucent, removable (if a little too removable), clear adhesive... I got a sample in from nekoosa I still haven't tried out.
Thanks for the lead on material JBurton ! It was installed today :u rock:

Hamilton-Finished.jpg

Boudica

Huzzah! I'll shoot my consulting bill over. You prefer payment in likes, or that first place award thingie?
I changed it from first place to like. Only because it just went up, and it doesn't have as much tac as what we were using. So we'll see how it holds up.

Boudica

Don't go throwing away my shot! If it's less tacky, yet stays up, then I'll assume removal will be a breeze.
Why don't we just put payment on hold until the removal is completed, or the panels blow away, whichever comes first...
It's still up, and it looks terrific from the inside too. I'll let y'all know how the removal goes

Boudica

I'm disappointed though. This reference really didn't land like I thought it would, two different ladies in the office here blasted this soundtrack for like 3 weeks after it was all the rage.
Sorry, it went over my head. I haven't seen Hamilton myself.

Boudica

Same here, but that f*cking music was inescapeable for a while!
I feel your pain. I used to have a co-worker who was really into Linkin Park. There was this one song he would play CONSTANTLY. Seriously, like 10 times a day. I got to hate that song so much, I would run out of a store if they started playing it. He eventually got some headphones.