• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator and Photoshop not responding

Jason1

I started illustrator this morning and when I go to open a file it just goes into not responding and will eventually get to the files. It was working fine 3 days ago. Anyone else have this happen. The computer is plenty powerfull. I guess I will do a system restore to 3 days ago. Other programs including flexi work just fine. I have rebooted with not luck. Any ideas?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I started illustrator this morning and when I go to open a file it just goes into not responding and will eventually get to the files. It was working fine 3 days ago. Anyone else have this happen. The computer is plenty powerfull. I guess I will do a system restore to 3 days ago. Other programs including flexi work just fine. I have rebooted with not luck. Any ideas?
My aps get painfully slow sometimes. Restarting my computer usually helps.

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
Does it does this for any file, or just one specific file?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Open Windows resource monitor and watch which resource might be causing a bottleneck. For example, the hard drive might spike to 100% and stay there indicating you probably don't have a lot of free space to work with. Could be failing memory or CPU as well but you have to check it out. Might not be any of those things either.

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
what operating system and what ver. of photoshop and illustrator are you using ? you could try :
delete files in your temp files folder - when they add up they slow your system way down - also depending what version operating system and ver of photoshop & illustrator you're using you can change the program to compatibility mode

jfiscus

Rap Master
With the newer "subscription" updates from Adobe, I find a lot of them to be pretty flakey. I would see if there is an update you haven't updated to yet and go ahead with it. That usually fixes the issue here if a reboot can't cure it.