• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator CC default settings

JdBattDesignRCI

When the shop I work at upgraded the Adobe CC version from 2020 to 2021, the default new document settings got messed with and it's set up for video now (?). It has a green "video ruler" around the sides I never saw before, with a green crosshair showing the center. I kind of like that, it helps me create sign layouts. But the gray transparency grid is turned on by default, it hurts my eyes and I can't figure out how to turn it off. It also makes 2 pages when I save a PDF document, the 2nd page is a white area with a tiny thumbnail of the document. I went into Document Settings and realized it's making two artboards by default, one the size of my document inside a much larger 255 x 255" one. Thus a separate page for the 2nd artboard. I always need to zoom all the way out & delete that artboard.

I like the green rulers but I don't like the transparency grid. How do I disable that default and go back to the old white default background when I open a new document? And how do I get rid of the #2 artboard?

(screenshots attached)

Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
To hide the transparency grid go the View menu and select Hide Transparency Grid. To show or hide the crosshair settings go into the Artboard palette, select the flyout menu for Artboard Options.

The better approach: in the New Document dialog box, go to the Print tab, select one of the pre-sets there and change the size and document resolution settings to your liking. That will get rid of all the video oriented stuff. The print pre-sets will be CMYK-oriented, not RGB.