• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm after a vinyl /cardstock printer /cutter. Advise please.

Crizzy

Hi all,

I just discovered this forum and is amazing the quality of advice you can get from members in here.

I was wondering if anyone can guide me as I'm after a printer /cutter to make popcorn/sweets boxes but also to print and cut vinyl labels.

I'm looking for a printer that can do a minimum of 100 print width (ideally).

I can vuy a silhouette cameo 4 and a separate printer but that's too much headache i believe.

Thank you all,
Chris.

Broome Signs

hi

Sign and digital print show is on in march, NEC Birmingham, free to register

you will be able to get a better understanding of the kit you will need at the show

look at flat bead UV printers and maybe a Zund cutter creaser

Crizzy

I'm not looking to do this as a full time job. I want the setup to be able to dk 400 - 500 boxes a month to start with.

I've seen people using silhouette cameo to to this so definitely won't need a flat bed printer and cutter i image.

I don't want a silhouette cameo so was thinking something slightly better.

I've seen videos of people using an oki 9542 to print on the thick paper and then cut it with a flat bed cutter.

I'm looking to spend around $5-7k.

Best,

johnnysigns

$5-7k is going to exclude most industrial sized printer and cutter formats people will be familiar with on a forum like this. Honestly it sounds like you've got a good plan with the OKI printer and Silhouette cutter.

Crizzy

hi

Sign and digital print show is on in march, NEC Birmingham, free to register

you will be able to get a better understanding of the kit you will need at the show

look at flat bead UV printers and maybe a Zund cutter creaser
You read my mind.

That's in my plan

GB2

Old Member
The size of the boxes you wish to produce has a major impact on what direction you can go.

GB2

Old Member
What I really meant was how large the box will be when it is flat printed like this:

box template mock-up.jpg