• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm in LOVE!!!

keleland

I got my machine this week and got to playing...err, I mean working.:smile:
As I have said before...my intentions are more for interior design and not "real" sign making.
So...here are a few of my first projects:
This is above my daughter's bed. It's about 3ft long. (Sorry it's blurry)
Maggieflowerpower.jpg

This is on a board above our entryway door.
LelandFamiliesareForver.jpg

This is on a frame in our dining room.
LandoftheFreeframed.jpg

This is on a wall above a picture.
OurFamilylettering.jpg

This is TONS of fun! I already have lots of business...granted...not as much as sign shops. But for an "at-home" business I am thrilled to already have almost $1000 in orders sitting on my desk in less than a week!

Kerri

keleland

So what machine did you buy?

I went cheap adn bought off eBAY. I won't say that I regret it because it works great for what I need but I am already looking into buying a Roland now that I know that I want to stick with it. It was hard to make that kind of investment without knowing for sure.

bellarolli

I was wondering the same...which machine?

I also wanted to say something smartass about "Land of the Free"
and the NSA, the Patriot Act, and all that $hit, but I must confine my
comments to, "what machine" ?

keleland

I was wondering the same...which machine?

I also wanted to say something smartass about "Land of the Free"
and the NSA, the Patriot Act, and all that $hit, but I must confine my
comments to, "what machine" ?

Coming from a dad who is retired military and the commander of his American Legion post..."what machine" is probably best. :)

bellarolli

Glad you have a sense of humour about it. ;-)
So few do these days.
What's democracy if you can't speak your mind?
At least I'm not suicide-bombing you guys (yet).
Another joke, BTW....well, almost.

keleland

Suicide bombers don't bother me...at least they rid the world of their self-righteous a$$. It's the losers who put them up to doing it that I have a problem with.
So...feel free to strap a bomb to yourself if that would make you happy. :0

bellarolli

self-righteous a$$es? I thought those were called _______________?! ;-)

Losers? I thought those were folks who voted for a president who can't form
coherent sentences. (Link will be provided at your request to a history of his
infamous quotes).

bellarolli

Simply to put things into context, suicide bombers make the supreme sacrifice for their beliefs; this, I believe, is admirable. Whether their goals
are right or not, I don't know, but Holy Cow, how can you argue against their
courage? The actually die for their beliefs. At least they don't hide out in Green Zones.

Oops........man.......I gotta stay in the wine cellar!

just as your (and "our", as many Canadian soldiers
have died recently in Afghanistan)

RaceDayVinyls

Are a lot of people doing the home interiors type of thing? I've got a friend with a home decorating company, and she wanted to do some stuff like that. It didn't really sell too well, but she always wanted boring stuff that nobody would buy. I'm thinking about offering stuff like that. But don't know if it would be worth the time. With her, she just places the order, I charge her the normal price, then she doubles it for her customers.

iSign

I think she said her father is the one who served our country, but she backed him up pretty good!

As far as "suicide bombers mak[ing] the supreme sacrifice for their beliefs" ...yeah if a gullible belief in 40 virgins counts for anything... NOT!

neato

Kerri, you're on your way!

I know newbies get a lot of negetive responses when they first post on these sign forums about buying a 'cheap' cutter. That's only because the majority don't have a clue about design or the sign business. The world has enough BAD signmakers.

But from what you've just posted, I'd say you're well on your way to being a good or even great signmaker. Stick around and keep asking questions. Congrats!