• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Increasing density in Versaworks

K Chez

Here's my dilemma-I have to match a section of a decal that was RIPed & printed from Flexi with Versaworks. The job was originally done at a previous employer where we had Flexi, I have the original files and can get the same color, but the print from Flexi is much more dense. I'm not a fan of Flexi, but it has to match-any suggestions? I've been printing test swatches with different profiles and color adjustments but am still a ways off. Can a color profile from Flexi be imported into Versaworks?

visualeyez

You want to make sure that the document your are using has the correct color profile embedded, and that versaworks knows that the file is US-Web Coated Swap v2 or whatever you have it tagged as. You have four or five different rendering intents to try if the file is RGB also. Try overprint, or turn up your ink levels all to +5. You may not be able to get the same profile for your media that was available for flexi, but good luck.