• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink cartridge reseat issue

DRD0198

Hey guys my printer has yet found another issue that I am stumped on. I was running low on black ink so I made the swap. The printer says ink cartridge successfully installed but when I go to the main menu it has a red x over the ink cartridge and it shows it's level as non existent. I have tried to clean all the contacts And made sure none are bent I have tried two brand new cartridges with the same results but when I put the old one in it reads just as an empty cartridge. Has anybody experienced this issue with their HP latex printer.

Steenland

Old Member
Haven't had this problem with my Latex 365 yet, but it was a major problem on my Designjet Z6100, which has a similar ink cartridge system. I had to replace the entire Ink Supply Tubes And Trailing Cable Assembly. If your printer is under warranty, contact HP.

DRD0198

Haven't had this problem with my Latex 365 yet, but it was a major problem on my Designjet Z6100, which has a similar ink cartridge system. I had to replace the entire Ink Supply Tubes And Trailing Cable Assembly. If your printer is under warranty, contact HP.
Oh that sounds lovely going into a very busy week... It is not under warranty unfortunately I am the lead mechanic on this program now with zero knowledge lol.

Steenland

Old Member
Oh that sounds lovely going into a very busy week... It is not under warranty unfortunately I am the lead mechanic on this program now with zero knowledge lol.
Hopefully someone will come up with a better solution. You'll probably get more answers on Monday.

cornholio

What is the the internal date of the printer? (Time and date setting may be wrong)
Is the firmware outdated? (Available online)

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If you tried with another brand new cartridge and it did the same thing, don't insert any more.
It's usually (almost always) the bottom of the cartridge (PIP). You need to probably replace it.

There's a chance it's a clip broken holding the "rack" behind the cartridges. Low chance in this case but be sure to check it as well.

DRD0198

If you tried with another brand new cartridge and it did the same thing, don't insert any more.
It's usually (almost always) the bottom of the cartridge (PIP). You need to probably replace it.

There's a chance it's a clip broken holding the "rack" behind the cartridges. Low chance in this case but be sure to check it as well.
yes I have 2 new cartridges I tried them both because I thought maybe the first one was faulty. so I tried the second one and it did the same thing, but when i enter the old empty one the printer reads it and all the information about it except that it is empty, I will post pictures shortly as I am trying for any luck to fix this thing before the week starts tomorrow.

DRD0198

I tried replacing the PIP i had it over nighted to me so i can get to work and unfortunantly I am left with the same reseat error. does anyone have anymore guesses on what I can do to get this printer back up and going

DRD0198

is it possible that this is an airlock error?? i noticed i got a syringe with my PIP. did i miss a step i cant find any information on what the syringe is for i dont know where or what to do with it. its 5:30 i have been working on my printer all day with high hopes that i was going to fix it today and i am at a loss of what i can do next. if somebody told me the only fix was to roll it off a cliff i would gladly do so.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
The thing is now you also need a brand new ink cartridge once again. If the printer had marked the once you already inserted empty those won't work.

Syringe is for purging the line free of air.

DRD0198

The thing is now you also need a brand new ink cartridge once again. If the printer had marked the once you already inserted empty those won't work.

Syringe is for purging the line free of air.
thanks for the information how do you purge the line properly? i cant find any videos, and do you think i need to replace the ink even if its never acually read the cartridge it has always just said reseat.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You have to search for the service manual, the purge is possible from the diagnostic menu. By the way you should also change the PIP calibration value there for the one.

If you inserted the cartridge, you can't trust it any longer. I've had it happen many times, then you just need to warranty the ink, it's unusable.

DRD0198

You have to search for the service manual, the purge is possible from the diagnostic menu. By the way you should also change the PIP calibration value there for the one.

If you inserted the cartridge, you can't trust it any longer. I've had it happen many times, then you just need to warranty the ink, it's unusable.
JUST SO YOU KNOW THE INK CARTRIDGE DIDNT WORK. IT STILL SAYS RESEAT I GOT IT IN TODAY CHANGED IT DIDNT WORK STILL SAYS RESEAT I APPRICIATE THE HELP ITS WAY MORE THEN HP COULD PROVIDE I AM JUST AT A LOSS ON THIS ONE.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Okay then lets make sure nothing is missed.

- You removed the plastic shield that was on the new PIP connector? I've forgot to do it few times...
- You checked the clips that hold the two "racks" and the cartridge inserts all the way in? Does it beep at you and give you the reseat error?
- No oil, no ink anywhere on the two PCB boards and connectors back there (ISS PCA)?
- You changed the new PIP calibration in the diagnostic? It let you do it successfully?
- You have newest firmware installed? Just something to check...
- Maybe you want to check the error log, see if there is anything else reported... doubt it but why not.

Maybe take a few pictures around the back, let's see if we can spot anything out of ordinary.

Now with new PIP, new cartridge, assuming everything is correct I'm not sure I can help you much further. At this point you have to consider getting someone to look at it, hopefully someone local with knowledge. And with new ISS PCAs in their pocket ready to try...
If I was there with you and I did all that I told you, I'd probably be scratching my head at this point. Either it's something very simple or then it's something complicated and you have to load the parts cannon.