• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink laying down thick

peavey123

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with certain colours printing too thick. This case its dark green.

I sued to run a SP540V and the colours we solid. Now we upgraded to the VP 540 and the colours are grainy/noisey and darker colours print so thick that you can actually see the ink build up along the edges. My tech support told me to run a bi-directional test but I had already done that... has anyone run into this "problem" before? have any clues?

I'm running a VP 540 with eco sol MAX inks, with the most recent version of versaworks.

Bigdawg

Just Me
We're running the same setup - inks and all with no problem. I print a lot of heavy rich blacks without any ink build-up.

Did you re-profile your materials for the VP?

peavey123

yes I am using a new updated profile for oracal 3651 vinyl. Although this profile was made by my supplier. So them not knowing the problem just confuses me more lol

peavey123

one more thing..I print nice blacks without any problems. I've only notice the problem on dark greens and sometimes dark reds.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I don't print much dk. green, but I'm good on reds... a little heavy but not overwhelmingly so. We profile our own media...

Bigdawg

Just Me
Just to add...

I sent Aaron our profile that we created inhouse AFTER we tried using the standard one in Versaworks. If you haven't thought about profiling your own media here is one good reason why you should consider it.