• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Ink wont pump

Johnf

Hi jv33 new head (mimaki)head cables, pump,captop, head memory including cable
Won’t pump/suck through both magenta and one yellow channel.
Is it the slider board dead?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did you change the dampers along with the head? If not I would start there. I've also been seeing these older models start to need new ink line and o-rings. Whenever I have a weird ink flow issue on them, if the damper doesn't fix it, I just replace the entire line and all the o-rings at each connection. It sounds like a lot of work but it's surprisingly easy to do.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You probably just have air leaks in the system. With the magenta since both are missing, I would check the cartridge to make sure there is actually ink in it. If that's good then I would go ahead and change the ink line and o-rings at each connection as mentioned above. You're most likely getting air in the system which prevents proper ink flow. Since the other colors are coming through, your pump and cap top should be fine and it's very rare for an electrical problem to only affect 1 or 2 channels. like this.

Johnf

changed all dampers again no ink at all pump is working
I did pump tube wash to make sure it is
Before I changed head when it was printing it would not fire at the same spot On print

Johnf

changed all dampers again no ink at all pump is working
I did pump tube wash to make sure it is
Before I changed head when it was printing it would not fire at the same spot On print
Also checked fuse on main board for continuity

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If the same colors that were not printing on the old head are not printing on the new head, that points to ink flow issues as well. Do you see any air in the lines above the damper? Did the damper for the magenta and yellow fill with ink? If not then it's probably just air getting in from a bad connection.

If there is ink in the magenta dampers, if you want to be 100% sure what the issue is, do a damper swap. Basically just swap the magenta damper's position with another color that is working, run a cleaning cycle and then print a nozzle check. If the magenta starts to print in it's new position and the other color won't print in the old magenta position, there could be an electrical issue but it's very rare. If the magenta continues to not print in the new position, there's simply air getting into the system from a bad connection or broken ink line.