• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Inks

JS

UV Inks for flatbeds

Hello, I have a Rastek H650 flatbed printer and so far have only used OEM ink. I have read a lot about different ink types and adheasion promoters. My question is can I use any UV ink. I see a lot of different discussions about people using all sorts of different ink types. If I am able to use different types of ink what is the best for adheasion. As for the tape test I see some ink coming off so is there a special type of product I can apply to the substrate before I print. Kind of 2 question rolled into one. The ink coming off is really only on a couple things not everything.

I pretty much thought I had to use oem ink or something ink made specific for the Rastek.

Last edited:

johnnysigns

There's lots of third party ink providers for most digital presses. Cost, adhesion, color gamut and mileage are generally the big factors in moving away from the OEM inks. We're running third party inks in our flatbed and we'll move our XLJet to them soon as well.

Jesco Hong Kong

There are different types of UV ink market. It depends on what materials you would like to print on mostly. In general, there are 3 types of ink.
1. UV ink for rigid material - Glass, Metal, Ceramic, PC, Acrylic and etc.
2. UV ink for flexible material - PU, Leather.
3. UV ink for general purpose - PVC, PP, PET, and regular graphic material.