• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Inside mount decals for windows and doors .

Printer101

I started selling small business decals , customers are demanding inside mount .
What are the methods of making inside mount decals if my printer isn't printing white color ?
One method I know is : print on clear vinyl mirrored, then apply white vinyl on one side , cut and done.
Is this the most common and preferred method of making it ?
Or for inside mount , should I offer static cling or regular vinyl ?
I have roland versacamm 300i. It has no white color .
I don't really have an option of creating clear background inside mount decals. Also don't want to turn down customers.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Thats the way that we do it too. Print in reverse on clear. Laminate white vinyl over it (sometimes we use 6 mil if it needs more opacity). If you put in registration marks just be sure not to cover them when you add the white vinyl.

Many decals actually come out decent just printing on the clear even with no white ink.

You can offer static cling too which is easier but we've found that the static cling are best just for short term promo use as the solvent ink will often transfer to the glass since the printed side is the side adhering to the window. We've had some people complain that it was hard to clean the ink off the glass later.

Printer101

Thats the way that we do it too. Print in reverse on clear. Laminate white vinyl over it (sometimes we use 6 mil if it needs more opacity). If you put in registration marks just be sure not to cover them when you add the white vinyl.

Many decals actually come out decent just printing on the clear even with no white ink.

You can offer static cling too which is easier but we've found that the static cling are best just for short term promo use as the solvent ink will often transfer to the glass since the printed side is the side adhering to the window. We've had some people complain that it was hard to clean the ink off the glass later.
How many times over do you print on clear vinyl to make it look OK without white ?
I had some success with printing over 2 times and returns on clear decals which I printed only one layer .
I guess it also depends if it's inside or outside and lighting at particular spot.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
We sell a ton of product for this application and what you are doing (print mirror-image on clear and laminate a white/white SAV) is inexpensive and easy. We also sell a printable white opaque which would allow you to print double-sided with no image showing through (it is a 6mil white opaque perm SAV that you would laminate together with the clear).

One area to think about is the adhesive type on the clear SAV you are printing mirror image on....if the adhesive is water-based and you wet-install it, it will turn the graphic foggy for several days and then clear up. If the adhesive type is solvent-based, you can wet install and it will look perfect.