• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Installing a used HP R1000 plus

javagod

Manager
Hi all:

I am buying a 2020 HP R1000 plus. I have had HP latex roll to roll printers (L26500 and currently the 365) I have been using a HP FB 500 UV printer for the last 7 years. I am able to work on all the equipment and have replaced my own parts. With that said this machine will be de-commissioned by HP and totally flushed. With the right instructions I believe I could set this up and get it running without HP. What's your thoughts?

Dan Purcell
Purcell Printing

cornholio

When the ink was flushed out correctly, it's like a new installation.
The only problem I see, you need an account for the service app, in order to open the service mode.(scan a QRish code on the R1000 screen with the phone and enter the number to unlock the service mode for a couple of hours)

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If you end up doing it yourself, or even if someone else is doing it I would not use the purgers to get the air out of the ink lines. I had lots of problems with one "refurbished" machine, eventually just replaced new printheads with another set of new printheads...
Use the syringes on all the lines and fill them up. You probably wont have any problems then. I just find that if they flush the lines on field it leaves a lot more water in the lines and blocks the purgers too early and air gets trapped in.

Like said already, you wont have access to the service diagnostics unless you go trough HP service training. So you can't even access the setup menu to get the machine running. Unless you find some tech to grant you access.