• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Intel i7 6700k or 5820k?

ironchef

Which one is better for graphic design, im purchasing the ibuypower revolt 2, love it!
Im getting the i7, 16gb ram, a 250 ssd and a 1 t hard drive with liquid cooling and 4gb video card and 850 watt power supply for 1,500!!! And the looks are amazing, has rgb lighting and all

Christian @ 2CT Media

6700k is technically faster but the 5820 can address more memory by double.
We have been debating on both but for us memory would make things faster for us over sheer speed.

ironchef

memory as in ram? Like whats the best to be able to work o large files on corel draw, ram, processor, graphics card gb?

Do you run a lot of different things at once. Then the 5820 if you run less process you can probably go with the 6700. Either is a good choice. 5820 will handle multiple things faster. Is the whole computer going to be liquid cooled or only the hard drive?

ironchef

Only the hard drive, and i usually have corel draw open, some web pages like mail, youtube, google searches, and rasterlink ofcourse. Thats about it