• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is my pricing too high for printed vinyl?

Stacey K

I like making signs
I've done a couple 3M kits that come from snowmobile or 4 wheeler dealers - I don't do anything for cars that people bought online.

I have several of the local old guys trained that in January and February they come to me with all their restoration decals and one RC guy, and one model plane guy. Every couple weeks I'll sit down on a Friday afternoon for an hour, get them all designed and print them. It's a several hundred bucks for a couple dollars of material and 1-2 hours of work. They all have zero problems waiting a few weeks. It has gotten me several other larger jobs also...one never knows who the old guys know. They always come back to me with actual printed photos once they put them on LOL No time for this stuff once Spring hits but I don't mind doing them as filler jobs in Jan/Feb.

Christmas week I don't do alot of larger jobs, I have a lot of walk ins for gifts. It works well becuase I can lump them all together and stick everything in my pick up area so I'm not dealing with talking to people. CASH in the drop box and at the end of the week I've got a nice chunk of change. Of course, we don't have enough people in the area for that every week but I learned I can make a small fortune Christmas week on last minute gifts LOL School spirit wear is a good seller and cornhole board decals also.

ADVANCED DISPLAY

ADVANCED DISPLAY
Cause they come back at you when the printed sticker starts to fail. That and folks don't often want to pay more for install than they paid for the sticker.
A) if they don't want to pay the rate of my installer, then we don't do business. And B) I make the customer acknowledge my disclosure that I can NOT will not warranty anything you bought elsewhere, no matter what it does, I'm not responsible for any issues you have.

Most people understand that even if the decals fail they're not dumb, they know how much (or little I should say) they paid for it.

Stacey K

I like making signs
A) if they don't want to pay the rate of my installer, then we don't do business. And B) I make the customer acknowledge my disclosure that I can NOT will not warranty anything you bought elsewhere, no matter what it does, I'm not responsible for any issues you have.

Most people understand that even if the decals fail they're not dumb, they know how much (or little I should say) they paid for it.
The funniest thing is when they just buy the decals and then call 2 days later they either get overwhelmed with applying themselves or they screwed up and the need them reprinted and installed.