• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there any way to cut this file?

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
So, just starting out my summa is a PITA every day of the week but I really hate it today.

From onyx 21 I printed to my Colorado. I sent one sheet of graphics and on the layout options I asked for 5 copies. 5 completely identical sheets with matching barcodes.

When I went to cut them, sheet #3 freezes EVERY time I try read the barcode. Either barcode at either side. Freezes right away.

From onyx cut server I send files to a cut folder that summa cutter control recognises and uses. So I have two PLT files in a folder somewhere. Is there any way I can use them to get this last sheet cut?

have tried calibrating opos, calibrating sensor. There’s 3” either side of the media before you see barcodes. And about 5” of media before and after each barcode.

happy to just throw this sheet out but this sort of thing happens frequently and just wondering if there’s a workaround? (Other than buying a graphtec)

Thanks!

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Should probably add i cleaned the sensor

and it freezes when the cutter control isn’t even on so I don’t think it’s anything onyx/file related. Unplugged it from Ethernet and it still froze. (Also tried USB) but our summa notoriously hates the USB.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You can send the job manually from CutServer.
Just change your method from send to folder -> TCP IP.
Then don't read the barcode, just send the cut file.

Or it's gone from cutserver? Archive?

One more point to use the Onyx built in barcode server. Your jobs stay in the Cutserver and you can modify them if needed and manually send them if needed.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Dumb question, but could you cut the barcode out of sheet 2 and drop it on top of sheet 3's barcode? If this works, great, if not, then I'd suspect the file got corrupted between sheet 2 and 3.
Did sheets 4 and 5 cut correctly? Or did you even get that far?

that’s the next option! Then after that it’s giving it a good kick.

Sheet 4 and 5 cut fine which is arguably more annoying. They all have the EXACT same barcode so are in theory the same sheet (from the cutters perspective)

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
You can send the job manually from CutServer.
Just change your method from send to folder -> TCP IP.
Then don't read the barcode, just send the cut file.

Or it's gone from cutserver? Archive?

One more point to use the Onyx built in barcode server. Your jobs stay in the Cutserver and you can modify them if needed and manually send them if needed.

Gone from cut server. And not Even a file type that cut server recognises any more. There doesn’t appear to be an option to just cut manually in summa cutter control like you’re describing.

Definitely going to take a look into just the build in barcode server. Will do that after I’ve turned this thing on and off another 400 times

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Gone from cut server. And not Even a file type that cut server recognises any more. There doesn’t appear to be an option to just cut manually in summa cutter control like you’re describing.

Definitely going to take a look into just the build in barcode server. Will do that after I’ve turned this thing on and off another 400 times
Yeah no, the manual cut option is only in CutServer if I remember correctly. I don't think cutter control has it.
Did you check archive in cutserver, not there?

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Yeah no, the manual cut option is only in CutServer if I remember correctly. I don't think cutter control has it.
Did you check archive in cutserver, not there?

Nah it leaves right away thinking it’s been cut.

Had a look at using the onyx barcode, changed the cut marks to onyx, changed the cut server summa to IP, turned on roll server, turned off auto cut new files etc.

Only place I’m struggling is the summa won’t read the barcode? And it doesn’t have the long strip across the artwork (that the summa uses to check for bowing) that I generally set the tool under so it knows where a code will be.

Care to share how you set it up/get it to read the codes?

The alignment mode on the summa is still set to barcode in the opos settings. Wondering if something needs changed somewhere?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Nah it leaves right away thinking it’s been cut.

Had a look at using the onyx barcode, changed the cut marks to onyx, changed the cut server summa to IP, turned on roll server, turned off auto cut new files etc.

Only place I’m struggling is the summa won’t read the barcode? And it doesn’t have the long strip across the artwork (that the summa uses to check for bowing) that I generally set the tool under so it knows where a code will be.

Care to share how you set it up/get it to read the codes?

The alignment mode on the summa is still set to barcode in the opos settings. Wondering if something needs changed somewhere?
You have to go to Onyx main window -> File -> Manage cutters -> Summa -> Configure -> Barcode -> Summa barcode.
Then it should print the bar with the barcode on the front and back and read it correctly as usual.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Ah. I was under the impression you change that to onyx. I had it set to summa to start off and changed it to try make it work lol. Will change back to summa

Will try again tomorrow but I loaded a file today and it tried to cut it before I could find the barcode. Seems easy enough to set up barring any mishaps lol

Snydo

Did you try using "Cut File" in Cutter Control? Just type in the first six digits of the barcode and it will auto-complete, hit send, and it will just start scanning crop-marks and ignore the barcode.

PhuKing

I have had a lot of problems with Summa barcodes and our Sai Flexi RIP. Instead of using the barcodes I just add the registration marks to the cut and print files in Corel Draw via a plug-in (You can install the plug in with Summa cutter control program). After this we just import the cut file to Winplot and start cutting.

Hope this alternative works.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Ah. I was under the impression you change that to onyx. I had it set to summa to start off and changed it to try make it work lol. Will change back to summa

Will try again tomorrow but I loaded a file today and it tried to cut it before I could find the barcode. Seems easy enough to set up barring any mishaps lol
So yeah, nothing else you have to do other than set the TCP/IP connection and tick the roll server on. Should be ezpz.
Make sure cutter control hasn't run or you may have to restart onyx before the barcode server works.
And don't click the "cut file" button on the bottom unless you want to do the manual cut.